• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 1998.5 SVT Contour with 3L swap

nrolls88

New CEG'er
1998.5 SVT Contour with 3L engine with cop conversion from 2005 Ford Escape (~70k miles on engine, just over 180k on car)

New OEM wiring harness
Optimized and half shafted throttle body
Terry Haines built Trans with a Quaife Limited slip differential
Keyed Shifter Tower
Eibach springs and shock/struts all around
6 spoke eneki wheels
Kenwood head unit
Reinforced and sealed trunk
Motor and Trans have been in the car for ~50k miles now
New magnaflow mufflers with new tips
Cold Air Intake
HID headlights

Also comes with original OEM wheels (with SVT caps) in good condition. Also a new drivers seat and several excess pieces of trim and extra inside interior door frames.

The bad:

-Currently misfiring (started misfiring in June). I've recently replaced all the ignition coils (and it's still misfiring). I would like to fix the car but have run out of time and need to sell soon (I am military and will be PCS-ing to a new duty station soon). Unfortunately, I can't take the car with me (otherwise I'd hang on to it and fix it up).

-Drivers chair has cut in back (but can be replaced with like-new additional seat...just haven't bothered to swap it yet).

-A few nicks/blemishes in the paint but nothing out of the ordinary for an 18 year old car.

At this point, I'm just looking for the best offer. I originally purchased for $4,000 in 2015 and never regretted that decision once. This is the 2nd SVT Contour I've owned. I'm looking for a good home for this car and someone that will appreciate it as much as I did.

Again, looking for the best offer. If you're interested, please send me an email at nathan_rolls@verizon.net or text/call at 301.661.8760. I can send more pictures of exterior/interior/engine/etc.
I live in Lacey, Washington (north of Olympia and South of Seattle).

Best,

Nathan

Attachments

• photo17086.jpg
    photo17086.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17087.jpg
    photo17087.jpg
    802.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17088.jpg
    photo17088.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17089.jpg
    photo17089.jpg
    793.9 KB · Views: 0

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back