• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 1998.5 Silver Frost 3L SVT

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFcsvt

Veteran CEG'er
Asking price is $SOLD (negotiable).
Due to simply not driving the car enough I'm interested in selling the SVT. The car runs excellent and is very fun to drive but has only seen the road a handful of times the last couple of years.

The car has an extremely clean interior, no rips and barely a wrinkle in the seats. The tires are in excellent shape and the wheels are nearly perfect. The car right now has about 145k miles on the body and about 20-25k on the swap.

Modifications are as follows:
-2006 full Escape 3L (installed with about 50k miles on the motor and has been run for about 25k)
-MSDS headers
-BAT Inc. y pipe and cat
-Torsen dif
-3.56 Focus final drive
-Stock SVT Clutch
-Fidanza flywheel
-KSport coils
-NPG fuel rail mod
-deleted EGR
-Short shifter - this is not a short throw shifter but simply a shorter shaft.
-Dyno Tuned by DB Performance (will include Xcal tuning device)

Known issues:
-There is a threaded insert in the rear driver side cylinder that was used to repair the spark plug threads in the head. Basically the plug blew out and the threads were ruined. The car has ran this way for the last few years without issue.
-The inside bottom of the doors has some rust and there is a smaller spot of rust near the top of the windshield.
-The windshield is chipped but not cracked.
-The car does have some dings/small dents and the front bumper looks like it has 145K miles on it.
-Headlight tabs are broken.
-A/C does not work, however I did replace leaking parts when the swap was done. I have not had it charged so I'm not sure if that's all it needs.
-One fog light is out. They are Walmart Proburners.
-The front grill lower mesh has a small hole.

Included with the car will be any parts I still have from the swap (if desired) and I have a set of steel wheels and tires and lugs. One of the tires has damage to the side wall but the other three are in great shape.

The car is located in Western WI about 40 minutes from the Minneapolis/St. Paul. I'll verify all info in this post and make changes as necessary. Thanks for looking!

Here is a link to some info I posted on the forum a while ago. http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showth...096#post988096

Last edited:
Thanks! I have been very happy with the car since the swap, it runs great!
Here is what I used to repair the spark plug threads, I also used high temp thread locker between the insert and the old threads.
$T2eC16RHJHEFFm!!1QU!BReDzKtwi!~~60_35.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back