• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1996 contour rarity question

IMAG1837.jpg

here is my 97 - MTX, cloth, sunroof, etc.

Those wheels are rare as heck too. Ive been to a bunch of junk yards religiously,ive seen hundreds of contours never once have i seen those oem wheels at any yards and not many driving around on the streets

I have a set in the basement that I got for free a few years ago.

Mine had those as well. I wouldn't exactly call them rare. I thought they were the stock ones for all 95's and 96's that didn't have steel rims.

I wouldn't call them rare either :laugh:. Like elraido said, they are one of the most common '95-'96 SE wheels. That's like saying E0 SVT wheels are rare :blackeye:

Mine had those as well. I wouldn't exactly call them rare. I thought they were the stock ones for all 95's and 96's that didn't have steel rims.

I don't believe that is the case. I believe these wheels where only avaialble on a SE. Others would have gotten the other alloy wheel that was available. They are the same wheels as where on my Mystique, but with Ford center caps. I can post a picture later.

Those pre 98 se wheels are super rare around here, EO wheels are rare around here also i use to like the EO svt wheels better and couldnt find a set anywhere local.... LOL i think maybe im in the wrong state

Back