• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1996 contour rarity question

SVT has different suspension components & more horsepower obviously...

I had a contour sport like your red one. They are fun to drive too!

well it was my dads but it was an se that had 195 hp but it was fast for an auto contour i was jw if it was rare for them to have a bodykit from ford that was like the csvt and lowered cause we took the suspension off it and we comapred them to my friends h&r's and same just my dads had ford stamped on it sadly our lanlord took the car when we lived at our old house and had it impounded then they crushed it :(

really? i looked up and thought the se 2.0 had 170? not the 2.5 i could be wrong- or am i thinking of the gl? i cant remember to be honest its been 5 years since my dad had his car i was jw cause i dont see many of them and ive been looking for one cause he might be interested in buying one again

That in not a rare car. Its not lowered an inch either. It has the stock SE sideskirts that were on all SE contours/mystiwues from 1995-2000. My '95 is a SE and had the same exact parts on it as the pictures you posted.

Click the link in my signature, tons of pictures. Mine had the same wheels as yours too, but I don't have a pic of that.

really? i looked up and thought the se 2.0 had 170? not the 2.5 i could be wrong- or am i thinking of the gl? i cant remember to be honest its been 5 years since my dad had his car i was jw cause i dont see many of them and ive been looking for one cause he might be interested in buying one again

depending on the year the SE could either have a 2.0 or 2.5L.

The 2.0L Zetec had 125 hp from 95-97. Then it had 130 from 98-00.

The SE 2.5L Duratec had 170 hp for all years.

like the front and rear bumper had smaller mesh inputs than the svt i will try to find pics of it

mesh inputs? do you just mean opennings in the bumper? A Se had no openning in the rear bumper for mesh. The front is completely stock.

And would you please use some periods?

The rarest of the 95-97 have that cool spoiler,ive only seen a few around lol.....And ive seen a few pre 98s with leather that have bolsters that hug you i like those

The rarest of the 95-97 have that cool spoiler,ive only seen a few around lol.....And ive seen a few pre 98s with leather that have bolsters that hug you i like those

Mine also had the pre98 lip spoiler and original leather seats. Sunroof, fog lamps, V6, and manual transmission. That's why I have kept it so long ;)

Mine also had the pre98 lip spoiler and original leather seats. Sunroof, fog lamps, V6, and manual transmission. That's why I have kept it so long ;)

Yea that is rare i havent seen one like you described in years especially 5 speed leather might be more rare than an svt lol

Yea that is rare i havent seen one like you described in years especially 5 speed leather might be more rare than an svt lol

My father had a 95 SE, 5-spd, leather, fog lamps, lip spoiler and side skirts. Only options it didn't have was a sunroof and the optional CD player. Its the car that got me into Contours. I also learned to drive on that car. Wireing harness issues made it unreliable. It was also Midnight Red, which was a more rare color, imho.

attachment.php

Brian, did your dad's '95 have gray or tan leather?

Bildo's '96 midnight red was pretty loaded up too. I think had tan leather but was an auto if I remember correctly.

Brian, did your dad's '95 have gray or tan leather?

Bildo's '96 midnight red was pretty loaded up too. I think had tan leather but was an auto if I remember correctly.

It had tan leather interior.

And I do believe you are correct on Bills car.

My father had a 95 SE, 5-spd, leather, fog lamps, lip spoiler and side skirts. Only options it didn't have was a sunroof and the optional CD player. Its the car that got me into Contours. I also learned to drive on that car. Wireing harness issues made it unreliable. It was also Midnight Red, which was a more rare color, imho.

attachment.php

Those wheels are rare as heck too. Ive been to a bunch of junk yards religiously,ive seen hundreds of contours never once have i seen those oem wheels at any yards and not many driving around on the streets

Back