• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1996 contour problems

The spark plugs and wires look new. Although that may not be true. I will get some new plugs and wires and a fuel filter. And let you know how it works out.

When you install the plugs, use a CLEAN socket, and some silicone grease in the boots to keep out moisture.

Tried that and still have the problem. Do you guys think it could be a MAF sensor? I think that I am going to test the alternator today. I think I might do an oil change too just because.

If you have much less than 13.8 volts on the battery terminals at idle, could be alternator, or wiring issue.

Maybe the moderators will activate me by now.

Fuel filter is another cheap, often necessary part on a 'free' car. Beware the free car - it rarely is in the long run.

Welcome!
You will be activated soon. Being limited to this area will allow you to do some searching and general reading up on the issues that are important to you. All new members start out here so they can learn the ropes before being set free. :)

Back