• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1995 PCM - wiring diagram - pin chart

Still trying to troubleshoot 'no spark' issue. The ignition coil does not get a signal. I need to backtrack the signal.
Which pins on the 95 PCM have the outgoing ignition signal for the 3 coils?
Where are the wires from the ignition coil connector going to (4 pins; 3 for the 3x2 coils, 1 has +12V, hot when ignition 'on' or engine running)?

according to the Chiltons manual 95s have a serparate ignition control module that receives signals from the PCM and has outputs to the coil pack.

according to the Chiltons manual 95s have a serparate ignition control module that receives signals from the PCM and has outputs to the coil pack.

So it goes from the 4 pin coil pack connector to the ignition control module; and from this to the PCM.

Where can I find the wiring diagrams / pin outs for the module and the PCM?

Ford CD probably. I dont have one for 95 or i would look. PM Todras, I think he still sells the CDs

It doesn't get power from the ignition module, it gets the 3 firing wires. The power is controlled by the pcm, but does not come from the pcm. The pcm just switches a relay that gives the coilpack power. So you could get it running by just hardwiring a switched power source to that wire on the coilpack. You could go right under your dash and just splice a wire into your switched ignition wire. It's really not too hard to find a switched power wire just be sure to fuse it at 15 amps (i have no idea if thats right but you want some fuse there) if your splicing into an unknown amp wire.

It's just about always easier to just rewire things from scratch on 95's then try to repair the stock wiring.

For the ignition module:
the 'm' of motorcraft is the pin #1 side.
Pin 10 - cyl 1/5
Pin 11 - cyl 2/6
Pin 12 - cyl 3/4

The power is is deed the +12V, hot when ignition is on or running.
The signal is actually the closing to the coils to ground at the time of 'spark'.
We had +12V on the required pin (so no need to run any wires for that reason). We did not get the "short to ground" signal for the coil pins (from the ICM or PCM).

Back