• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

185/70/14

ancientsanskrit

Hard-core CEG'er
I believe these tires are put on the base GL.

I'll keep it simple w/2 questions:

1.) Will these fit on the SE? I recall the 14s being an issue over the SVT brakes, and I'm assuming it should be fine on the SE brakes. What about the other dimensions, should I be okay? I ask b/c I've only used 205/60/15s.

2.) I've got a suspension issue, and don't want to put money into it right now. Basically, my outer walls are being eaten up at front. Thus, I want to change out the two front for these. I know it isn't ideal; probably dangerous, but can I keep the backs at 205/60/15 and keep these at front?

The fastest I'm driving this thing is 60mph; mostly 55 and lower, the fronts are completely bald; much more dangerous driving right now as to keeping the fronts off spec.

I dunno; I'd like to hear your guys' suggestions. Thanks.

i believe they will fit over the se brakes. looked up the rotors and they are the same size between the gl and the se. are you putting the tires on the front or do you have the whole rim and tire?

can I keep the backs at 205/60/15 and keep these at front?
yes, but the same thing will happen to the new tires until you fix your problem

The fastest I'm driving this thing is 60mph?

actually thinking about it the rear tires would be spinning slightly slower than the front because they are larger, i am not sure if this will throw off the abs. I wouldn't think so but maybe someone else will chime in

Back