• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

17" FSVT Wheels

I was going to ask if the tires where directional, but according to tirerack they look like they are directional but are not.

tirerack.com said:
NOTE: While initially appearing somewhat directional, the Fuzion HRi tread design is asymmetric, allowing it to be mounted on either side of the vehicle.
On the inside, the Fuzion

wonder if they would be quieter if the tread did run a particular way.

wonder if they would be quieter if the tread did run a particular way.
Yeah that's a good thought....

ClubSport, sounds reasonably good overall. Still a nice find. It's usually hard to find a good used wheel/tire combo... it usually seems one way or the other (either good wheels with bald tires, or bent/dinged wheels with good tires) ....

Did 200 miles of freeway today with the new wheel/tire set. Not bad. Very stable sidewall. Not as good as the Yoko's that were on the car, but hey, they are all-season.

Tires are LOUD (turn up radio loud) over rough paving, but not bad on smooth. No tramlining (following groves in pavement) either.

I think the tires do look like they are backward, i had the same tires when i bought my car last year.
It was good at the beginning, but after a oil change, i think the worker mistakly put them on wrong direction.
I keep blaming the tires was bad and this and that, and i noticed y when i change the wheels and found out they were wrong direction.

Anyway, there is performance All-season tires. I had Brightstone on my last C SE, i even had better grip on wet road.
I went to snow trip with it, my fd's car tires can grip with the snow chair in 25 MPH, but i was in 45mhp and had no problem to speed up more.

I swear that they are not directional tires... lol But they do have an inside and outside edge.

I think that the FSVT 5 spokes are a great upgrade for my CSVT. Not an exact match in looks compared to the E1 wheels, but very close and many more tires for the 17" rims.

Since they have about 80% tread left and they are May '09 production tires, I will have them on for a while even with the noisy ride on rough roads.

i just looked at this thread on my computer (im usually on my iphone), so pictures are bigger and better to see and i just wanted to say damn that car is clean!

looks really nice with those wheels. should get some pictures from a little bit of a distance, not up so close.

i just looked at this thread on my computer (im usually on my iphone), so pictures are bigger and better to see and i just wanted to say damn that car is clean!

looks really nice with those wheels. should get some pictures from a little bit of a distance, not up so close.

LOL ... Yes I agree. Internet on the Phone sucks something horrible for stuff like this...

Back