• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

$1400 for a new clutch??

I'm in Atlanta (lmk if any locals) and it is an SVT. My local Ford dealership (Northpoint Ford) quoted something like $400-450 for the cluch kit - pressure place, clutch disc and TOB. The clutch has always let out at the top but now it's at the very very top and just takes the slightest bit of pressure to disengage it - it feels like it's barely holding on. Also, when starting from a standstill, I get some chatter and bog. I will try the 4th gear trick. I also know from the past if you try to start in 4th gear and it stalls then you are good and if it slips then...

I just hate for it to die while in Atlanta rush hour traffic which is where I spend most of my driving time these days.

I'm in Atlanta (lmk if any locals) and it is an SVT. My local Ford dealership (Northpoint Ford) quoted something like $400-450 for the cluch kit - pressure place, clutch disc and TOB. The clutch has always let out at the top but now it's at the very very top and just takes the slightest bit of pressure to disengage it - it feels like it's barely holding on. Also, when starting from a standstill, I get some chatter and bog. I will try the 4th gear trick. I also know from the past if you try to start in 4th gear and it stalls then you are good and if it slips then...

I just hate for it to die while in Atlanta rush hour traffic which is where I spend most of my driving time these days.
if your in atl, pm OB1 he is just over the state line in Alabama does great work and is a cool dude. He can hook you up wy cheaper than the stealership.

Back