• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

10/26 Strip it

not to hijack the thread, but a quick tip on fixing dash warp.
all you need is gorilla glue, some medium binder clips and some q-tips.
remove the stock grill piece.apply some gorilla glue to the underside of the dash pad and the metal of the dash
put a binder clip on it
let it dry.
you should be able to fit two binder clips per section of dash between the supports, you will see what i mean once the plastic grill is out of the way.
do the windshield edge first and then the interior edge.
it is kind of hard to get the clips in place, but patience is your friend.
once the whole thing is glued you can put the factory grill back in.
did that make any sense?

And then when the sun comes out it heats back up the dash and the glue fails... its easier just to swap the dash out and put a new one in... But if your limited on money i guess that would work for a bit... but time and effort, and a little cash its worth it

not so, i did it to the 2000 SVT i have and it has yet to fail. Gorilla glue is amazing stuff.

oh yeah, and i wont be bringing anything...the drive is just a little too much for one day
:D

I know he was screwin around. i was just not giving into the thread jack lol:laugh:

SO far Sam... i think its just 3 maybe 4... and thats cool too... can you imagine ten ppl trying to s trip a car... talk about in the way lol.

Pizza sounds good to me... But why dont we ask some beaners how they strip a car in 20 min with 10 people :laugh:.. lol well that sounds like a good enough turn out to me... directions? .. Sent ya a pm

Wow, this is turning into a meet...

I might have to come just for the pizza!

Let's get everyone else out there too. Might be the last nice weekend of the winter! I'll bring some clips for those pesky secondaries...

Well guys if there are more of us, i just got in my new brakes and rotors :drool::drool:... Drilled and slotted rotors and Posi Quiet Brake pads off ebay.. For $ 187.... for the 4 rotor and the pads... Best buy for my car yet :laugh:.. But i wish i would have gone just drilled, and not slotted as well but ehhh its all good... So brake job on my car as well?:shrug:

Ok,

Wired
Fmonkey
SamSVT
96Purple..

thats the list.
So just bring a set of tools to strip and a couple bucks and we will just buy pizza...

I have a 10x10 popup but if you have some tarps to cover the sides incase it rains bring them.
Til then Ill see you guys in the AM.

Quoted from my new thread...
"
:cry:Sad to say, Fmonkey bought the last Contour to put a newer eng. and trans in his 95. And today with a shade of bad luck rearended someone on the freeway totaling the one he wanted to fix.
So now along with the orig. 98 parts car we now have his once beautiful 95 LX. So for parts from either of these cars please PM Fmonkey or myself. Im trying to help him get rid of parts to help recoup from buying a parts car for the now wrecked car. His 95 has dark gray leather inter. I am going to get the center counsel but as far as that goes i believe everything else is up for grabs... uh, less the MSD headers and a few other things... but PM him to find out for sure....

He will be getting pictures for me to upload soon.
He is doing well just a bit shaken up, Good news though he still has his other CSVT to play with:shocked:, man ... wish i could say that:laugh: ...."

this is what it looked like today...
CIMG0082.jpg

CIMG0083.jpg

CIMG0084.jpg

CIMG0085.jpg

MOST ALL PARTS ARE AVAILIBLE.
If you need something shoot me a PM with offer + what ever shipping maybe if needed (ill find out for ya)

Motor will be listed on CL first then parted out if not sold in a timely mannor... but if i get enough interest in motor parts (2.5 nonSVT) then I will start to pull parts...

And yes... I did all the work as your can clearly see in the pics above :laugh::laugh: LOL!... Good strip today guys i have to say

Back