• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Scenic roof - kinda cool

GTO Pete

CEG'er
Except that it would be like a greenhouse in there....and a pretty pricey option, too...

Cool_Tops_for_Hot_Cars_Pict.jpg

Cool_Tops_for_Hot_Cars_2.jpg

Cool_Tops_for_Hot_Cars_1.jpg

Cool_Tops_for_Hot_Cars_4.jpg

Disclaimer: Might be a repost, but whatever!

I would kill for that car...

BTW -- auto show in Chicago last year had 6 or 7 of the new Mustangs from SEMA and one of them had that roof installed aftermarket... it was awesome as hell... it was available as an option I believe from Saleen as the car I saw looked nothing like that one.. I think it was candy apple red.

With a roof like that, I would think it would have an electrochromatic tint on it. Flip a switch, it turns opaque. Flip it again, it's clear. IIRC, they're usually made by sandwiching polarized crystals between two layers of glass. Apply a current, the poles align, and presto! you have clear glass. Turn off the current, the poles revert to a random arrangement and you can no longer see through it.

If I had that I'd end up tinting it real dark. I guess it's kinda cool :shrug:

think of it more like letting as much light as possible into your house. it just changes the atmosphere.

The Contour has pretty much set my standards to always having a sunroof/moonroof in my cars. That Mustang is just hot! :drool:

The same. I love my sunroof, have it open as much as possible when it's >45° outside.

I agree it definitely brightens up the interior, but if it does not open and does not have a sliding shade then I am not interested. Fixed sunroofs remind me of hotels and offices with fixed windows, tantalizing you about the great outdoors while preventing you from truly enjoying it.
(Yes you can open the other windows but it's not the same ;) )

saleen introduced these immediately after the 05 mustang was out. the ones i saw though were tinted rather dark. there was also another company that does this as well. with both companies, you can take your mustang there to have it done. iirc, it was around $8k. :eek:

Back