• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New License Plate Lights

Goonz SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
I got tired of looking at the ugly yellow bulbs, they looked so dim even with new housings and etc..so I upgraded. approx. $10

they look bluer in the pics for some reason but in person they really are white. And also apparently in the pics below, my yellow bulbs look brighter then they really are!! haha damm rebel XTi :crazy:

2-17.jpg

went from this

1-23.jpg

to this..

3-15.jpg

123-6.jpg

Last edited:
sick. those license plate lights never lasted too long, and the blueish ones i'd get robbed for around here.

i'll make a note of the led ones for the next whip.

They look alot better, BUT theres always been one Major reason i've never done it.... Why do i want to make it easier t o see my plate ???

F:censored:K 'EM!!!!

:laugh:

They look alot better, BUT theres always been one Major reason i've never done it.... Why do i want to make it easier t o see my plate ???

umm..ok
Everyone knows my plate, I dont care for cops anyways. They harass me to begin with so whatev ya know :shrug:

Exactly why I never fixed the one blown one on my 96 and the other one is a unbright red. And on my svt,it's got lights, but only if I want them to be on.:crazy:

Goonz got that idea from me but I got the idea from someone else.

I really like mine and its a cheap mod to get kudos with.

If you want to run from the cops, just have a secret plate that goes in front of your lisense plate or just disable the lights with a manual switch linked to the lights. But you didn't hear this from me.:rolleyes:

I've been pulled over twice for having my plate lights burned out!

I just did this to my Envoy and the difference is just great. It also looks so new, different, and fresh. I dig it! :cool:

exactly, looks more like the new Lexus' as well..They look nice at night

I was just thinking about this the past week when I had to replace one of my bulbs. Steeda has some in his SVT that came with it that look bright as heck too. Hate the dirty yellow.

They first sent me one blue and one white, it was clear at night that the blue one was BLUE. The white one had a neutral color to it and blended in nice..

Goonz got that idea from me but I got the idea from someone else.

I really like mine and its a cheap mod to get kudos with.

Yea that was me :eek:. I was the 1st your posers. ;)
I posted a thread a while back where I posted a pic of the new Lexus and was trying to get the same look for my plate. IIRC at 1st Goonz said the same thing "Why would you want you plate to be more visible"....but he soon realized why. The yellow is so awful looking. These LED's make it a nice crisp white. Matches my HID's almost :drool:. It really updates the rear of the car. I also got hyper white reverse bulbs as well. I updated my entire car lighting to hyper white. Looks the tits and very bright.

I got my festoon LED's from another joint. I believe mine have 8 LED's per bulb where as those pictured look to have 6.

Back