• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I'm A Troll Now! Well Not Really. (56k um no FI for you)

ymicz

New CEG'er
Well, I bought a new car... well not new, but anyway. I wanted something faster, more comfortable, and automatic, because i have to deal with alot of traffic during my commutes. So, I got a 2001 Grand Prix GTP Special Edition. The special edition encompasses the wheels, two-tone interior, unique hood, unique spoiler, dual-dual chrome ehaust tips and nascar "roof sails". Its 100% stock, minus the k&n filter. I have many, many plans for this car, and she's pretty whiney ;-). Also, my 'tour goes to pole's shop for a couple days for some transplants :).

Anyway, pics.

gtp1.jpg

gtp2.jpg

gtp3.jpg

gtp4.jpg

gtp5.jpg

gtp6.jpg

gtp7.jpg

gtp8.jpg

gtp9.jpg

Looks good, but please do something about those wheels

agreed. ALL of the grand Prix wheels look horrid. Some of the designs arent bad, but they are too small with way to big of tires. Pick up some 18's preferably 5 spoke something in gunmetal... that car would look SOOO hawt.

Looks good. Are those hood vents actually open?...I see them on those cars every now and then, always wondered...

Man it seems like Pontiac's idea of making a car look good is by adding a bunch of random stuff. I think a basic GTP looks acceptable but that is just too much with the stuff on the roof, hood, spoiler, interior badges, etc. Atleast the engine is pretty good.

i think the gtp is styled fine...even the rear wing is nice. I don't quite get the roof fins or the hood scoops, but whatever.

my cousin has a 97 GTP and i like it alot. It is big...but it's a decent and fast car. And you can sit people comfortably in the back.

oh...but the wheels aren't too hot. That's something pontiac never got right with those cars. There is one style i like. I don't know what year they came off of, but they are basically 5 spokes, but the spokes are shaped like blades...that's the best way i can describe them.

I think you mean these:
blades.jpg

That's my sister's car. She got the heated leather and HUD, it's pretty cool. Stock stereo isn't bad either, much much better than my Mystique's stock one was.

Looks good, but please do something about those wheels

yes i know, i need money first, and honestly, performance mods come before wheels :p

Looks good. Are those hood vents actually open?...I see them on those cars every now and then, always wondered...

yes, they arent connected to anything, but they do flow air into the engine bay.

i have so many things i want to do with this car... i just need like $5k... maybe i should sell the 'tour? :p

Nice car. I like the color, but i agree that there is just too much going on with the exterior of that car!

Looks like the car has some of the basic GXP upgrades obtained from SLP?

GXP wasnt avliable until 2006.... on a personal note... I would LOVE to have a GXP. its the ONLY grand prix I would ever own. Because it holds more true to its heritage. IIRC the Grand Prix's when they first came out were not avliable with a V or I-6. Plus they go like hell and still achieve tolerable fuel economy. PLus im a huge fan of the upgraded rims, suspension and brake package... Plus they way cooler front bumper and upgraded exhaust. Now if they only made a RWD version with a stick or a 5 or 6 speed auto then they would have me sold.

Take a look at the slp w-body history and you will see what he is talking about in reference to the gxp, not the factory v8 gxp that is out now.

Take a look at the slp w-body history and you will see what he is talking about in reference to the gxp, not the factory v8 gxp that is out now.

****, thats hawt... ive never seen one of those before.

I picked up a 2002 GTP a few months ago, been a great family hauler/daily driver. I had a chance to pick up a silver one, but having two other silver cars, it was time for a change, so I got the only white one available at the time (in our local area).

100_0406.jpg

Here's an exhaust clip I made the other day, it sounds pretty nice stock, but It will sound even better with TOG Headers, 3" Downpipe, and Cat-Back exhaust :). (That stuff is gonna cost like $1,300 *cry*, the headers alone are $750)

http://ymic.biz/pics/gtp/stock.avi

(Sorry about the idiot with the lawnmower at the beginning, and it was kinda windy...)

Last edited:
Back