• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The Best Modded Contours

Swazo was pretty much the perfect blend of Sheer power and amazing looks. Custom paint, Custom Front lip spoiler, Custom Turbo kit.. Yeesh. Its still a damn shame she died.

Swazo was pretty much the perfect blend of Sheer power and amazing looks. Custom paint, Custom Front lip spoiler, Custom Turbo kit.. Yeesh. Its still a damn shame she died.

Thanks for the props! I miss Swazo. At times, I almost feel bad for doing this :laugh: :shrug:

SwazoLF.jpg

.... but that MF'er crossed the line and got his :mad:

if that's seriously his shell.....it wasnt the same color as a regular black contour.....so it wouldnt be a bolt on replace......so not worth much.

man swazo i thought i was the only one with the black and blue pearl, but it looks like i added a lot more pearl than you....

Attachments

• P9190024Medium.jpg
    P9190024Medium.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 0
i like everything on that car except the muffler that shows below the rear bumper. fart cans on a SVT rear bumper look tacky IMO.

i want to know how liquidx did that bumper. soooo hawt. :)

oh and buckshot, do i see some old school "outside mount" guages there? that's tight!

That is a Custom SVT Cobra bumper made for the Contour.Only a few made..I believe a place in North FL made the few that were ever produced.

oh and buckshot, do i see some old school "outside mount" guages there? that's tight!

Yup, those are some outside mounts for fuel pressure and oil temp. Both are mechanical gauges so it works well to have them out there. I borrowed the idea from a former CEGer down in the Kansas City area. Let me tell you, those gauge pods are hard to get placed correctly!

Rick

Not sure whos this is, but I have always liked the rear, and someday would like to do this mod

Will it fit a 98+ car?

nope, only fits on a pre-98 trunk. The pre-98 trunk however can be put on a post 98 tour. The trunks are interchangeable. I have done this as well as many others. Basically in a nut shell the hoods have the same dimensions but the pre-98's have contours on the top and at the back (where the lip spoiler mounts to). The post 98 trunk has a flat edge which cannot accommodate the pre-98 lip spoiler. Hope that makes sense.

nope, only fits on a pre-98 trunk. The pre-98 trunk however can be put on a post 98 tour. The trunks are interchangeable. I have done this as well as many others. Basically in a nut shell the hoods have the same dimensions but the pre-98's have contours on the top and at the back (where the lip spoiler mounts to). The post 98 trunk has a flat edge which cannot accommodate the pre-98 lip spoiler. Hope that makes sense.

Gotcha... so I need to find my self a pre 98 trunk with the wing already on it. GOTCHA!

Thanks

Well yes and no. You can also get a pre-98 hood and get a lip spoiler separate and then mount the spoiler to the trunk. The pre-98 trunks are all the same on every trim level. Ford only decided to add the lip spoiler on the pre-98 SE editions. But like I said you can add a lip spoiler to any pre-98 trunk. You just need to drill holes etc. I had a body shop do this for me. These lip spoilers tend to be hard to find. I have been to one of the largest scrap yards in the country (Harry's U-Pull-it) many times and have only found 2 lip spoilers. One is the one that is on my car and I found another on my last visit. It is an extra one so I'm going to sell it.

Last edited:
Back