• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

part# confirm

SVTJON87

Hard-core CEG'er
ok guys im going to order honey and this is the part# i have XTM5QS. when i put it in on team ford it says "FLUID - AUTOMATIC TR". also this would be im guessing changing out the atx fluid. should i just drain and fill or flush it somehow. and should i change it when the trans is warm. thanks guys

edit: yes i have read up alot on this matter. as terry has said" stay away from FM if you can unless you have a probmel with the lube". what im wondering is how will i know if im having a problem with my lube. god i sound like noob.

Last edited:
.... but that thread didnt help me with the flushing
:eek: Sorry. I misread your post. I thought you wanted to confirm if it was Ford honey.

I think you wanted to know if you should flush it. Yes, go ahead and use the cheap stuff to flush it (drain and refill 2 or 3 times). Then fill to spill with the Ford Honey. I don't think anybody has recommended flushing with the Ford Honey. ;) Too expensive.

And it will drain faster if the trans is warm.

ok thank you. thats everything i wanted to know. what fluid do i flush with? thats safe and cheap? deisel? if so i can get the specs from terry. thanks

... what fluid do i flush with? thats safe and cheap? ...

Mercon/Dextron III to "flush". Then fill to spill with Ford Honey. Note, you may as well ask Terry Haines as you are getting "specs" (whatever that means?) from him.

hes thats what he said to use. he also has found that ford honey is basicly synth 15w-40 diesel

Last edited:
Back