• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

MSDS Header Sale (Feb)

Mine took nearly a month to arrive. It was a little scary with no tracking # or receipt, but at least Marty had good communication throughout. I wonder how many they sold during the sale? He said they were swamped.

I ordered mine in late Feb, and have yet to get a confirmation that they have been shipped. I've sent an email to Marty asking for an update, but have not heard from him.

Mine took nearly a month to arrive. It was a little scary with no tracking # or receipt, but at least Marty had good communication throughout. I wonder how many they sold during the sale? He said they were swamped.

It's amazing what a $60 discount does for people.

I sent an email to them a few days ago and haven't gotten an answer yet. I just called and left a message today.

Just got off the phone w/Marty. Looks like the company that coats the headers had a compressor fail and they were down for 2 weeks while trying to fix it.

All orders are at MSDS now and are being readied to ship. So hopefully in another week we'll all be happy campers.

Just got off the phone w/Marty. Looks like the company that coats the headers had a compressor fail and they were down for 2 weeks while trying to fix it.

All orders are at MSDS now and are being readied to ship. So hopefully in another week we'll all be happy campers.

That really sucks, but for those of us who opted on getting them coated ourselves this should not affect shipping to us (that's the theory at least)

P1010063.jpg

P1010064.jpg

P1010070.jpg

P1010072.jpg

P1010071.jpg

P1010070-1.jpg

P1010069.jpg

P1010066.jpg

I got mine on Tuesday. I had ordered them Ceramic coated, but I didn't pay the extra $40 for the extra shiny coating... however, he shipped me one of each! So someone who paid for the extra coating may receive the base ceramic coated header on the non firewall side!

I got mine with one premium coated, and one ceramic. I'm not thrilled that they don't match. I ordered ceramic (flat whitish finish) The front is shiny grey. Mine is a 95 so the only sensor bung is the upper. If you have the ceramic version front, and want to swap, PM me. I would consider either finish, but since I'll be showing this project car, my headers ought to match. Marty, a courtesy call in advance was warranted. I could have ponied up for the premium if it needed to be a do-over.

Gar

I think I got the wrong order too. :(

I payed extra for the extreme coating (shiny/chrome) and I have a set that look like plain aluminum. I'll take pics when I get home.

But I'm correct to assume the extreme coating was a chrome style coating correct? Cause these are far from that.

EDIT: After talking w/Marty I must've seen people who have polished theirs. This is how it should look.

Last edited:
Also, could someone confirm to me a nut/washer/bolt/spacer count? Mine were just tossed in there and I have:

(3) Small bolt sets
(4) Long bolt sets

(1) extra washer

the three bolts are for the converter flange, and the 4 bolts are for the header to y-pipe connections(2 bolts per header) , and i got an extra washer too

aggghhhh

aggghhhh

i've been trying to buy some headers for a month now and 6 e-mails 3 phone calls no response ???
are they still in business

Back