• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Getting Screwed by Fellow CEG member

Trademark

CEG'er
Has anyone ever had this problem? what did you do about it? I am feeling like I am in this situation where I can't really do anything but rely on the guy to make things right.. and he hasn't, and it's been months... I'm not talking about huge amount of money but it is a lot for a college student like me.. I see myself as a reasonable guy, patient and relatively understanding, but how do I deal with a person who, after the initial issue occured, hasn't seemed to care at all. So I was just wondering if any of you have had problems with someone in the CEG crowd and what you were able to do about it.
Thanks

Wellllll... Lots of people have been screwed over on CEG, whether it be a member or just some scammer that registered. The first thing that you can do is post up his screen name so we can try to give you some input on him. Also if you have written evidence/ reciepts you can try to take it up with the police/ paypal. But if its not for any substantial amount of money, then I'd just forget about it and suck it up.

But if its not for any substantial amount of money, then I'd just forget about it and suck it up.

But all college kids make $3/hr. and only work 5 hours a week, right?

To the OP, we need more details. Who is it? What did you buy? When did you pay? How did you pay? What has the correspondence been like, if any?

Mark

Hey, I work 40 hrs a week with 35 hrs of school and make a healthy 35K+ a year....

Haha, that's why I was being sarcastic. I'm in the same boat you are. :cool: I take offense to the "poor college student" routine. It's called, being a lazy ass with no work ethic. Or well, just having parents that let you get away with it. :laugh:

Mark

I specifically despise the later group you reference there. I work probably 10 - 25 hours a week at a great wage rate, and a lot of that covers one of my most expensive habits....food :s lol. Uh, in your case, I would try to find a way to talk to the guy/girl in person (with their contact info it shouldn't be to hard).

Haha, that's why I was being sarcastic. I'm in the same boat you are. :cool: I take offense to the "poor college student" routine. It's called, being a lazy ass with no work ethic. Or well, just having parents that let you get away with it. :laugh:

Mark

My brother almost got screwed by a guy selling a mirko splitter. He kept saying, ill ship it out this today or this weekend. Eventually, he stopped emailing all together. So he went down to the small claims court, picked up the paper work, filled it out and made a xerox copy of what he would be filing if he didnt receive the splitter in a week. Sure enough, he started responding to emails again and the splitter was shipped promptly after that.

im a college student. i dont know about the guys that work 40 hrs a week but its a lil hard when ur a college athlete and u have practice or lifts everyday let alone holding up a 3.0 or higher while taking 18 credit hours. i do all this and barely have enough time to work in the weight room on campus for 6 an hour.

im a college student. i dont know about the guys that work 40 hrs a week but its a lil hard when ur a college athlete and u have practice or lifts everyday let alone holding up a 3.0 or higher while taking 18 credit hours. i do all this and barely have enough time to work in the weight room on campus for 6 an hour.

The guy my brother bought his splitter from gave him a similar story saying he worked at his job full time and never had enough time to ship it. If thats the case, then dont bother listing an item if you cant even find time to ship it. Of course, I find it funny that these people cant ship the item once the money is in hand, but yet they have enough time to sit down and create a classified ad.

CEG gossip/scandals ftw! :laugh:

for real though, you might not get your money back but at least you can drag the guy out in front of the CEG court to be heckled and boo'd.

well some of you might have seen the pics I posted of my trunk that was shipped FEDEX and arrived very damaged.. I contacted FEDEX and tried to get a reimbursement for the damaged trunk but they told me that the shipper would get the money so he should be the one doing the claim stuff. so after keeping the shipper (ButtersSVT) on the same page while I was dealing with FEDEX I began to get frustrated and told him that it was his problem now because I could not get any money from FEDEX anyways.. so I gave him all the ID#'s and information I had and told him to file a claim and get the deal going. so far I heard over two weeks ago that FEDEX was supposed to call him back.. that is all I have heard from him since.. no response to my recent PM.. I paid 160 for the trunk and the damage was 500 dollars.. I only wanted my 160 back.. he said he had another trunk that he could send me.. I haven't seen money or trunk at all.. I have the busted trunk on my door step because I live in a little apt.. it is just frustrating. I mean I can understand a refund from a business or something.. it really pisses me off because if I was in his situation I would be on top of things trying to get this settled. it isn't like he doesn't get the 160 I paid.. if FEDEX says that he packaged the trunk right then they will reimburse him the $ for it.. I'm not trying to drag his name through the mud or make him seem like a bad guy but I don't know what to do to light a fire under his ass to get this thing moving.. I planned on selling my trunk after putting this one on so I would have some $$ but now I'm out the 160 and have nothing to show for it.
Thanks for the help guys
and as for being a poor college student I would say I am not "poor" but the money I do get I have to pay back.. so I will be "Poor" when my grace period is over.. :)

Andy

yeah, I didn't want to seem like I was trying to get people against him, I just want to know what I could do to get things done.. I will pm rawburt and see what I can do. thanks

Something you should know about Fedex is that their claims processing sucks. It's quite possible that he's filed the paperwork and just heard nothing back from the claims department yet. IIRC they have a certain amount of time they can take to do an investigation before they even tell you if they're going to pay out the claim. I received a set of damaged wheels due to Fedex once and it was a nightmare and 6 months worth of calls, faxes, etc before it got paid out.

Rick

Rawburt the new etough guy of CEG. He will handle everyones business! Nice IM with Pudminkie BTW. :rolleyes:

yeah i sold a bearing kit for a tremec 3650 and when the guy got it from fedex there was only 2 bearings left in the box,, so i tried going through the process with fedex and i just gave the guy back his money and cut my losses,,, fedex claims SUCK

Back