• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Arizona CSVT'S !!

yesterday coming home from work some chick brake checked me and I had my ac on at the time well I always carry the company backup on my passenger seat in a external hard drive. Well anyways I hit the brakes and the drive flys foward and falls underneath the glove compartment and my ac instanlty stops working I am guessing it hit something on its little journey through the air anybody have any ideas what it might be.:shrug:
All the a/c fan stuff is under/behind the glove box. But first check your fuses.

If your fuses are good, remove your glove box, then remove the sheet of carpet right under where the glove box was (3-4 black push things). The circular thing is the fan assembly... oh, does the fan work at all, or did the a/c just start blowing hot? Assuming the fan stopped... check the 1 connector at the bottom of the fan motor in the center of the assembly. Also check to make sure the fan motor is still locked into the housing (shouldn't be able to rotate it counter-clockwise).

If that wasn't it... look towards the drivers-side of the fan (towards the cars center), you'll see there are 2 connectors. Check them.

Can't think of anything else right now......

Got my SVT back today. just needed a reflash and reprogram. just like i thought, the technician initially wanted to charge me $350 for 3 hours lof labor to trace any shorts. i told him there cant be any shorts because there wasn't any power going to anything to short out, because I had the keys, when my dad was in the car dicking around.... anyhow. only cost me $260 and made the technician look a little foolish after i told him what to check for first, and that ended up being the issue :D go me!

ps.
Now its time to clean'er up and put'er up for sale!

I had to go to the post office today... went to the one at Union Hills & 19th Ave. There's a few spaces on the south side of the lot that usually have shade. I saw 1 empty space and went for it.... which I then noticed the car to my right is a red E0. A lady was in it on her cel, and I don't even think she noticed mine. She had AZ plates.. so at least it's another local CSVT!

Hey, if anyone wants to come by tomorrow evening I'm gonna be going through the dash wiring trying to find my "intermittent no-start" problem. Probably mid-afternoon or later. Maybe later in the evening we can go for a drive if you guys want?

Thats a good looking car very clean. I can't wait to get down there espically after seeing pics of someof the SVT Contour's on here!!

I had seen a T RED going West bound at 83rd and Deervally today. Might have been an EO I didn't get a great look at it.

Anyone wanna go drag racing tonight?
Tonight would be even better, since it got really cold today! Unfortunately, I'm stuck at work... yet again.

I want to go soon, because my step-brother with the turbo Daytona should finally be getting his car back together... so we're planning on going to Speedworld soon after that.

Did you go? What times did you get ?

Nope, the no-start deal isn't gone. But I have found the problem and a temporary solution until I can actually fix it. Looks like the starter is acting up and needs replacing. For now though, I'm just parking it in a position that I can push-start it if needed. Maybe next Friday night, the 19th? Thats after my pay-day and I'm off on Friday nights...

You guys in need of tires, I've still got the F1 gsd3s laying around. $350 takes em. 225-50-16
pm me if interested

Most of you guys already have this too right? If not I can hook you up :shrug:
DSC01246.jpg

Uhhh.... lil help over here? I think my Shift tower bolt sheered off AGAIN!!!! stuck in 4th gear, shifter floppin around... what the :censored::censored::censored::censored: i just replaced that :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: within the last 10 months ?!?

morbid hit me up if you can, i'd like u to stop by and tell me if you think thats what it is again, or possibly something else kinda hard to get it up on ramps in 4th gear! :mad:

Uhhh.... lil help over here? I think my Shift tower bolt sheered off AGAIN!!!! stuck in 4th gear, shifter floppin around... what the :censored::censored::censored::censored: i just replaced that :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: within the last 10 months ?!?

morbid hit me up if you can, i'd like u to stop by and tell me if you think thats what it is again, or possibly something else kinda hard to get it up on ramps in 4th gear! :mad:
Damn! Was the tranny hard to shift? There has to be a reason why you're breaking bolts. I can probably stop by tomorrow... don't worry about getting it on ramps or draining it for now.

No not at all... only thing was lastnight on my way home. 3rd was was way to easy to get into, then went to lunch, on the way back shifter was really simple to get into gears, (like no CLUNK CLUNK into the gear to let u know u were in that gear) went to downshift from 4th to 3rd. BLEEEH the shifter just movin around now....

Was it stuck in 2nd or 3rd last time? I also can't remember if it came out towards the front of the car, or towards the firewall. I'm thinking 2nd and front. If so, this should be the same ordeal. Just need to get a jack under the tranny and remove the tranny mount. The rest is just removing some bolts and brute force yanking that tower off.

Back