• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Forever Black is THE best tire product!

You are wise beyond your years, well unless your an older CEG-er like myself:shrug: I think you can a bit more out of the bottle, but this stuff is the real deal, just plunk down the money and try it for yourself and remember, clean the tire real good and apply a good coat on at first and go from there. Right now the roads are crappy here in SEMI because winter has finally showed up, so we'll see how it lasts now that theres some snow/ice/salt/etc on the road. I will let you guys know how its holding up when I get the car washed next time.

Roger, what fraction of the product bottle did you use on your 1st and 2nd applications? Maybe Forever Black underestimates how much is needed to coat a tire?

I was thinking of getting a gallon of this product (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Tires_Shine_p/tvd_101.htm) and splitting the cost with my friend. Seems like it could last a bit longer for about the same price (when considering splitting the price with my friend) and can be used on interrior and exterrior trim too.

It was mentioned in this previous thread (http://contour.org/ceg-vb/showpost.php?p=5185&postcount=17)

Not trying to start anything with Roger here. Just stating the facts for those who missed the previous discussion on this product, and considering purchasing this product.

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=86&highlight=forever+black

In the above thread you'll find the reasons not to use a petroleum-based (silicone-based) product, and tire products that are most recommended by detailing enthusiasts.

Pete, welcome back:)

The information about a product potentially harming your tires is very well researched, no doubt about it. I have been conducting an endurance test of this product and as of today, after washing the beater of all the salt and dirt from the past weeks weather I can still state its holding up fine. The tires still look about one level better then new.

Now not to start anything on my end as its been pretty peaceful and quiet for a while now, but most people will not have their tires long enough to see any of this potential damage caused by the above thread. I for one used to use Mequiars Endurance for years and have never seen any ill affects from using it. My wife and I had summer rims/tires on her Trailblazer as well as her Ranier (same set of wheels, they fit both rides) during the coarse of 4 seasons and 60K and currently the tires sidewalls look great, well besides where she may have scuffed the sidewall:rolleyes: and there is NO cracking anywhere to be found. BTW these tires/wheels can be found in our classifieds and are for sale, pics too:cool:

The weather has really sucked here in SEMI, its going on two weeks and once we get a good, dry day and I wash the car I'll post some more pics. I expect Forever Black to hold up just fine. BTW I'm going to be mixing my remaining Forever Black with my Grape Tire dressing I've gotten from top of the line. I think the mix of FB and its natrual sheen and GTD and its shine should give me a great product for customers looking for "bling" when they roll out of thd driveway. Gotta try and make everyone happy:laugh:

I washed my car about a week ago and still, natrual black sheen:cool: The car will be going away sometime in April because I'll have my NEW ride by then, can't wait for that and apply another coat on that one but the question remains..."will I be able to keep my hands off of the tires and do another long term, 2 application test to that ride?":confused: :help: :eek: :shrug:

I washed my car about a week ago and still, natrual black sheen:cool: The car will be going away sometime in April because I'll have my NEW ride by then, can't wait for that and apply another coat on that one but the question remains..."will I be able to keep my hands off of the tires and do another long term, 2 application test to that ride?":confused: :help: :eek: :shrug:

Pics? ... pwetty pwease! :)

Pics? ... pwetty pwease! :)

They still look like this, seriously:cool:
image.jpg

Rodger your gonna hafta PM me these little things so that when I get ready to order my spring supply, I will be ready :)

No problem and I'm telling you guys, if you want tires that look brand new wash after wash, this IS the product:cool: What your looking at in the pics is (2) applications total, thats it and those were brand new tires that seem to soak in the first coat, so take that for what its worth.

My tires still look black after salt, snow, etc.:cool:

Yeah and that's yet another product and its even cheaper and smells great:laugh: Hector has the Grape Tire Dressing thats available from top of the line. Its a pure liquid, like water and smells like grapes and leaves the tires with that "natrual" look. I'm sure he's got alot of it left over as I gave him a 23oz or 32 oz bottle back in Sept. Keep us updated on that stuff Hector, pics are nice too and make sure you let us know if you re-applied the product or not.

I went ahead and went with a gallon of the chemical guy's dress: http://www.chemicalguys.com/Tires_Shine_p/tvd_101.htm

After shipping and tax it was $25. I split it with my friend, so in the end its about $12.50 for 64oz. I plan on using it on my tires and interrior trim on Saturday. I'll try to post some pics.

I don't expect the durability of the Forever Black product, but with 64oz I can apply as needed I suppose.

I washed the Regal the other day and the Forever Black was still lookin' "natrual" but because I'm going to be selling the car in about a month I decided to add another coat to it for the next guy who's a co-worket:cool:

Back