• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who here might be interested in ........

Who here might be interested in ........

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
did you need to open up the whole in the fender for the intake or was the stock opening large enough? Also will there be an option for a high flow cat still, I believe it was said before that there would be?

that is a great looking product, very interested in seeing what it will do ...

Last edited:
did you need to open up the whole in the fender for the intake or was the stock opening large enough? Also will there be an option for a high flow cat still, I believe it was said before that there would be?

that is a great looking product, very interested in seeing what it will do ...

The answer to your question is Yes. We can provide whatever options you want but for now since the target price of the kit is below $3000 then we have to watch what we put into the kit.
Therefore the answer lies in the fact that we are retaining the stock precats. The contour has been proven to pass emissions testing with either just the precats or just the main cat.
In this case if you have precats why add the added cost of the main cat?
We believe in balancing the polution controls with performance and we will be more than happy to add a custom high flow cat in the section for a an added fee.
Also, you can go down to your local shop and have them weld one in place in an hour if you choose to add one later, probably only cost you $150 that way.

Joey has done a fine job of getting the parts designed and figured out. After we run it through the dyno then we can figure the tuning the rest of the way out and finally we can begin to arrive at the 90% solution on the kit pricing and options for the group buy.

Thanks for all the interest!

I ask because in our emissions inspection there is a visual check for the cat ... I would fail without the main cat, I am also going to be running headers so I wouldn't hav ethe pre-cats anyway ... I think it is more liekly that the pre-cats would be over looked compaired to the main cat ...

I too have the same concern. I currently have a test pipe, but its getting too much of a hassle to pass inspection because i need a visual main cat, so i'm thinking about getting a high flow cat from trubendz. Will this interfere with whats included with the kit?

oh my GOD that is awesome. That will fit in the cougar fender area, right?

/o face

I have an xcal2 already.. sweet maybe you'll be retuning for me again warmonger :cool:

In Spain we have anual visual inspections and test the emisions.
I have a trubendz no cat full system.
I prefeer can put the OEM catback (with OEM cat) each time that I need pass the inspection. But if it isn´t possible better if we can put a high flow cat, for pass it, like the interchageable Trubendz system (with two conectors) one to the flex pipe and other to the catback. Then you can put it for pass the inspections, and put the test pipe after.

Yes, this should fit the Cougar better than the Contour as the front bumper of the Cougar sits farther away from the front support than the Contour's front bumper ... i.e., we have more depth behind the bumper ;)

Fantastic job guys. Even the prototype looks sharp and to me looks are a secondary function to performance.

From interest check to complete prototype in 4 weeks. To completely installed kit from scratch in 6 weeks.

I like the idea of the dual pipes under the transmission to save clearance. Good idea and significantly beats the flow potential of a single 2.5" pipe. :D

Looks sweet!!

I have a couple questions:
Where are the valve cover vents going -- are they tee'd under the intake tube?

What's that wire/line going to the intake, right after the IAC hose? Looks like it might be for a boost gauge.... or an intake temp sensor, but wasn't sure.

The right angled bracket that attaches to the frame and fender... it's off in the pics and doesn't look like it will fit, will that be going back on, or is it not really needed?

Does that car have 3" exhaust? It looks like the backside of the flexpipe is smaller than the rest of the exhaust and didn't know if it was smaller than everything, or just the piping behind it.

We're ON THE DYNO!

We're ON THE DYNO!

Guys it's on the dyno as I am writing this. One pull already done and the results are VERY VERY nice so far.

I want to tell you but I want to wait and see if subsequent pulls show improvement....and to increase the suspense. lol

Guys it's on the dyno as I am writing this. One pull already done and the results are VERY VERY nice so far.

I want to tell you but I want to wait and see if subsequent pulls show improvement....and to increase the suspense. lol

you ******* tell us!!

I am really looking forward to this kit. I am also very thankful for everyone that has been involved in this process. I hope that the CA regulations on aftermarket turbos are not as strict as I have heard. I would suppose I would need to take off the kit everytime I would get my car smogged. I really want this though :)

War you big tease you:blackeye: :laugh:

I am really looking forward to this kit. I am also very thankful for everyone that has been involved in this process. I hope that the CA regulations on aftermarket turbos are not as strict as I have heard. I would suppose I would need to take off the kit everytime I would get my car smogged. I really want this though :)

Dude, you're talking about a half a weekend worth of work every two years. Just keep your y-pipe and main cat pipe and you're good.

The only reason I say this is because California will NEVER make emmisions laws less strict. They will only get stricter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back