• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who here might be interested in ........

Who here might be interested in ........

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure I can but the price may jump about 50 bucks since my supplier may not have the color. But if he does it won't cost a penny more. Thanks Joey

I actually like the color blue. I am glad this is the default color.

Hey Joey, got any chance to speak with Marty @ MSDS? I am still holding off my header purchase... Appreciate you can give us some words about that.

Thanks!

I actually like the color blue. I am glad this is the default color.

blue isn't bad but with red plug wires and FSTB I would want red couplers if I was to buy a kit, and I am seriously considering it, the product so far looks fantastic ...

Nothing against barrita's kit or anything i think it's awesome but since i understand this would take more time & money...but if i got a kit i would grind down the welds and sand them w/ my DA and all the pipes would look smooth like they were all bent that way.. just a thought... unless i missed somewhere that he's gonna smooth the welds a little..i think the kit is awesome either way keep up the awesome work.. i hope to buy one someday

Last edited:
Well, I guess every thing comes with $$$. His aim is to provide great power at affordable price. So if the kit is sold at $4500 then I probably will be picky at these little thing. For his asking price, I will settle for what ever it is. I actually don't mind the seams as long as no leaking.

Nothing against barrita's kit or anything i think it's awesome but since i understand this would take more time & money...but if i got a kit i would grind down the welds and sand them w/ my DA and all the pipes would look smooth like they were all bent that way.. just a thought... unless i missed somewhere that he's gonna smooth the welds a little..i think the kit is awesome either way keep up the awesome work.. i hope to buy one someday

I beleive what you see on his car going to the dyno, is the prototype kit... I could be mistaken, but the # of welds, and how the welds are done look to be identical to the prototype kit...

I beleive what you see on his car going to the dyno, is the prototype kit... I could be mistaken, but the # of welds, and how the welds are done look to be identical to the prototype kit...

yup that is the prototype kit ... it has been said the production kit will have fewer welds as jigs will be made to make the piping up ...

And quite frankly, who gives a flying :censored: if there are welds showing? The ONLY time ANYONE sees those welds, is when you do an oil change. Not like these pipes are sticking out the bumper and hood. :idea: Everything under the hood, seems to be pretty well cleaned up, especially for a prototype kit.

Mark

And quite frankly, who gives a flying :censored: if there are welds showing? The ONLY time ANYONE sees those welds, is when you do an oil change. Not like these pipes are sticking out the bumper and hood. :idea: Everything under the hood, seems to be pretty well cleaned up, especially for a prototype kit.

Mark

I totally agree

I know the cosmetics take a second plane. but I would like that the kit looks awesome in my engine... red hoses, polished pipes...

41349708jq1.jpg

what injectors do you guys use?

please read the thread, the kit is to come with injectors I do believe, I know it was covered somewhere in here ...

yeah on page one it says it will come with 36# injectors to work with either engine ...

please read the thread, the kit is to come with injectors I do believe, I know it was covered somewhere in here ...

yeah on page one it says it will come with 36# injectors to work with either engine ...

Hey, all the tuning issues, injector size, maf, etc. are still under testing.
We will provide what is needed. We may be able to save you some money if we can use things that you already have.

Therefore be patient and let us test some things.

the tuining will be cheaper if the person buying the kit already owns a Xcal2 and a PRP for the ecu in the car. also tom what advantage software are u using. i am aware that SCT has changed from 2.5 to advantage 3.0

Ok In three weeks my provider will have red, blue and black at no extra cost to you. And as far as the welds I grind down all visible welds under the hood except the exhaust. The exhaust need to have welds because the integrity will decrease If I take off the welds since the stress is harder on the hot pipes. Yes the final peice will have less seams because I had to cut and find angles to make it work. I am off to get a 3" to 2.5" reducer for the intake. The turbo is installed the pipes are in tight and sealed I am rerouting the intake to make the MAF fit nicely under the hood. It is still looking like tonite if my wife will let me lol since it is valantines day but the dyno is reschedule and that is last window to get it there since he is closed Fri.

Make sure and take care of your wife first. I know that it is a small window for the kit to dyno but hopefully everyone on here is adult enough to understand priorities.
Other than that...I believe you deserve another large round of applause. Thanks!

Hey, all the tuning issues, injector size, maf, etc. are still under testing.
We will provide what is needed. We may be able to save you some money if we can use things that you already have.

Therefore be patient and let us test some things.

I'm going to have to quote myself as some people may not have read this statement and I am getting many concerned PMs about tuning.

DO NOT WORRY. If you have a US built OBD2 system then we will make sure you have a tuning solution. If you are OBD1 then we'll also provide the information for another tuner to take care of your needs.

If you are worried about costs...I can't help you with that UNTIL we finish testing.
No reason to worry because we have tuning solutions available now that were not avialable years ago. :cool: All will be well.

OK I am too tired to write but to make a long story short all I need is to put the hood on and tires. The car will start in the morning it is 99 percent done. Here are some pics I snapped just now.
turboproject_062.jpg

turboproject_063.jpg

turboproject_064.jpg

turboproject_066.jpg

turboproject_067.jpg

turboproject_068.jpg

turboproject_069.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back