• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who here might be interested in ........

Who here might be interested in ........

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
this kinda sucks....so I can't use my ProFLow 75mm MAF or my brand new WR Y-pipe. :bah: I don't have the stock MAF so that's going to be an issue. Its hard for me to see going back to a stock MAF. It just seems like I'm going backwards instead of forward.

I was hoping this kit would add onto these performance parts but it seems just the opposite.

Anyone else in the same boat??

except a turbo kit if by far goign to out perform any of the mods that you have listed ... its kinda a big oh well ...

I have a Trubendz Y-pipe (no cat),I know that I will need release it, but will you sell an option for attach the pipes to the cat-back or I need to fabricate a test-pipe?

I have a Trubendz Y-pipe (no cat),I know that I will need release it, but will you sell an option for attach the pipes to the cat-back or I need to fabricate a test-pipe?

If not mistaken, they said that it is going to mount up to the cat back, and for those of us that might need a cat they can put in a high flow for extra. as it replaces both Y-pipe and cat locations

Think of it this way. Your actually upgrading to the stock MAF. Much better than a PRO-M. ;)

Some people just need to learn. Hell, I thought the OBX shifter was an upgrade...... until I broke it a week later! Just because an aftermarket part is available, does not make it better than stock. With a lot of parts (the MAF not being an exception), OEM is the way to go! :cool:

Mark

Well I bought the car w/ the Pro Flow MAF on it. Honestly I did think it was better than the stock since its bigger and is tuned. I don't know, I guess I could always sell it.

that is incorrect from what I have read and seen ... the kits piping will bolt to the stock exhaust manifolds ... MSDS headers have the same flange configuration and therefor will bolt to the kits piping ...
ok sorry, wont that make where the turbo is mounted really close to the ground because it collect where the stock y- pipe would be? atleast that is how im seeing the setup in my head , but if im wrong lemme know.

ok sorry, wont that make where the turbo is mounted really close to the ground because it collect where the stock y- pipe would be? atleast that is how im seeing the setup in my head , but if im wrong lemme know.

look through the last 10 pages, there are pictures.

Well I just removed my 3 liter and will installing the 2.5 liter stock motor this weekend. I will have the turbo kit installed too after I finish building my custom furnace to bake the 2000 degree paint on the pipe to cure the ceramic. I also bought some real nice high temp enamel paint to do the cold side stay tuned for some updated pics.

Oh I think I remember doing this more than once.......:)
turboproject_046.jpg

Joey,

That is actually a really cool picture. :) And I'm glad that you will finally be able to use the 2.5L! Thanks for keeping us updated.

Jeff

Hey Joey can you answer this? Thanks!

So Joey can you give us a confirmation that we can get coated MSDS headers from you? If that's affirmative then I will hold off buying from Marty at this moment (well, he will still get my business by selling through you).

If you can get the bare headers at same (or even lower) current price of $180, adding cheaper ceramic coating, and ship with the rest of the kit for not much more in shipping, I am sure you will have all people who plan to buy bare MSDS headers to use with the turbo kit lining up at your door. I also believe this way all guys originally plan to just use factory precats will try to squeeze another $210 or so to get the MSDS headers. This will be a win/win/win situation. You get higher revenue (and less headache by almost eliminating the need to maintain 3 different versions -- stock precats, WR and MSDS), Marty gets to sell more headers to those originally planning just use stock, and we get incentives to save a buck or two.

Maybe you should seriously consider this?

I will check into the MSDS headers monday to see but honestly the headers will be cheaper when I only combine it with the kit. I will try to buy then cheap enough and offer a coating on them to protect them.

this kinda sucks....so I can't use my ProFLow 75mm MAF or my brand new WR Y-pipe. :bah: I don't have the stock MAF so that's going to be an issue. Its hard for me to see going back to a stock MAF. It just seems like I'm going backwards instead of forward.

I was hoping this kit would add onto these performance parts but it seems just the opposite.

Anyone else in the same boat??

Seriously people...your exhaust mods and MAF's and filters and crap are about nothing in the performance world. The turbo replaces all of that stuff.... THAT IS A GOOD THING!!! Sell your stuff to offset the cost, don't feel bad...you're going with a new set-up.

It's like if you were N/A and wanted cams...you get some agressive ones...then if you want to go turbo...you need to get rid of those cams for the turbo (they won't work as well). You would take ram-air off for forced induction as well....it doesn't work with FI. Bolt on's are fine, but if you get serious about modifications....

you need to mod as a set-up...not a piece at a time (some pieces don't go together)

TURBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so how much is the kit and when will it be ready for sale?
The final price is not set yet. It's close to $2600-$2800, before the tuning cost (XCal2 + tune). The timeline is not determined yet.

However, if you have some time -- read through this thread, you will have much more understanding, with performance, pricing strategy, etc.

BTW, welcome to CEG.

I know there are alot of posts, but try to read some of them. The answer (althought tenative) has already been posted.

Ok I finished up the pipes as all ya'll know at this point. I have the 2.5 liter motor in my car mated up to my built tranny. I am right now baking the y -pipes, downpipe, wastegate discharge, and the dual 2" downpipe. I baked the pipes in a ceramic paint that protects better than most. I baked it for 30 mins at 300 degrees then I am letting it cool for 30 mins then I will bake it at 400 degrees then I will let it cool for 30 mins then I will bake it near 500 degrees for another 30 mins then install it on the car.

The dyno appointment is wednesday morning at 9am and I will post the numbers afterwards. I am priming the intake pipes, then painting it with 500 degree paint then I am clearing it for a shiney finish. I am going to use my XS blowoff for this dyno but we will be selling the recirculating one with the kit. I plan on starting it up morning and I will be tuning the car on the street before the dyno.

Once we finish up this week I will be taking deposits in the end of thge month. Here is a pics of the pipes sprayed.
turboproject_050.jpg

You have an oven big enough to heat up the pipes? Holy **** that's gotta be a big oven, lol!

Lookin good Joey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back