• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need Volunteers for experiment

warmonger

Hard-core CEG'er
I'm currently doing some experimentation with another member on the 2.5L SVT engine and I need some additional data.

I need data from both 2.5L and 3L engines.

1. You must have an XCAL2 and ability to take datalogs and email them.

2. Engine setups I need:
- 2.5L SVT engine that has a stock MAF and injectors, operational imrc
- 2.5L SVT engine stock maf and injectors with removed secondaries
- 3L SVT with SVT UIM/LIM and operational imrc
- 3L SVT with SVT UIM/LIM and removed secondaries
- 3L engine direct drop in swap with 3L cams and intakes

3. All cars Preferred to have MSDS/weaponR headers and SVT type or better intake system.

4. All must be in good mechanical order and reasonably tuned.

I'm using the data gathered in this experiment to assess the value of the IMRC system, to determine the benefit of SVT cams over non SVT cams, and benefits of dual runner intake manifolds. Once I get the information I will publish the results with credit to all who assisted.

If you can do this then I need datalogs of 3rd or 4th gear pulls and the following pieces of data:

-load
-maf counts
-maf airflow
-intake temp (IAT)
-engine temp (ECT)
-RPM
-Spark (engine spark or total actual spark)
-Max allowed spark
-borderline spark

other data included is fine but these are the minimums.

If you wish to participate and can meet these conditions then please let me know.

Tom,

Speak to Nima(96BlackSE) he is datalogging my 3L CSVT I think he has been in contact with you already.

Aaron

If my laptop battery allowed me to take it without a power cord I would be able to help you out.

If I happen across an inverter I will let you know :crazy:

I will try to datalog mine in the next few days. I have a drop-in K&N, MSDS headers/Y-pipe and stock exhaust. Injectors and MAF are stock, TB has been half-shafted and TB and secondaries have countersunk screws. I've had issues with datalogging crashing after a while, but it usually lasts for at least enough time to do 1-3 pulls.

Are you looking for a WOT run from ~1000 RPM on up in 3rd or 4th?

Thanks for doing some research and data compilation for us!

Marty

Last edited:
Thanks!

One or two pulls in 3rd gear with as much data as you want to put in will work for me. I need the stuff listed above to include TP absolute, MAF AD counts, airflow in #/min, RPM, air charge temp, coolant temp, spark, max allowed spark, borderline spark, open loop flag.
The extra data are not required but will help if I see any issues while I'm looking.
Thanks.

I STILL NEED VOLUNTEERS

Most notably I need a stock SVT with XCAL2 and everything working to do the 3rd gear pull datalog with the Livelink software.

I need a stock SVT with deleted IMRC.

MSDS headers desirable but not necessary.

I can do mine: 3L SVT (its an SE, but since its a 3L block with SVT heads and hardware I assume thats ok) with SVT UIM/LIM and operational imrc

I have weapon R headers, BAT Y-pipe, SVT exhaust, SVT intake with K&N filter.

Do you want a WOT pull or do you want to keep it out of open loop?

I'd be willing to do it, but mine is having problems. Unfortunately no CELs, but I'm working on it. Mine is a 2.5L with MSDS and 2ndaries are intact.

I can do mine: 3L SVT (its an SE, but since its a 3L block with SVT heads and hardware I assume thats ok) with SVT UIM/LIM and operational imrc

I have weapon R headers, BAT Y-pipe, SVT exhaust, SVT intake with K&N filter.

Do you want a WOT pull or do you want to keep it out of open loop?

Ryan,

Do a 3rd gear pull with the above data from 2000-7000rpm. I'd like to compare your datalog with another 3L datalog with the same hardware I have.

Send me the 2.5L datalog because it will help me out as well.

C'mon though. All you people who have deleted IMRCs, prove to us how wonderful your crap is and take the datalog and send them to me.:shrug:

Get my email from my profile or pm me. I'll take them as soon as I can get them.

Any XCAL2 can be used to datalog another car....

Any XCAL2 can be used to datalog another car....

Can't wait to see the results!

Me neither. I'm being unbiased about this and I just want to see what is going on.

Come on, anyone with an XCAL2, you can use it to datalog someone elses car! That means someone with a completely stock SVT can borrow and Xcal2, put the software on a laptop and datalog.

So I know there are some of you gearheads out there who have bought tunes, have an xcal2 and also know someone else with a Stock SVT, or MAYBE even an SVT with deleted IMRC. Help them datalog to help all of us out.

Do you want hte pull at WOT or avoid open loop?

NO, wide open throttle in 3rd gear datalogging the above information. If you want to include a little idle and cruise information before the run, just start the log and drive to where you can SAFELY make the 3rd gear pull.
When you stop after the run then shut off the log.

Add in as much data as you feel like, just make sure you have the required ones above please. :D

Back