• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Trailblazer SS: Thoughts?

Horse

CEG'er
ok guys, some of you may know my Chevy predicament, others not. anyway - trailblazer SS: thoughts?

TrailBlazer(SS).jpg

stock performance suspension
lowered 1 inch
20" wheels
upgraded brakes - 12' more than a F430 from 70 is damn impressive.
SS specific leather/suede interior.

thoughts?

Last edited:
Theres not 1 negative thing i can think of off hand to say about it. :shrug:
It's a very attractive/agressive looking SUV . the stock wheels look great. however yes, a 21 or 22" Black rim could look even better.

I dont know much about the performance. but the Interior/Exterior get two big thumbs up IMHO ! :cool:

ps. maybe some type of roll pan ?

like I said Scott...they are pretty cool. Maybe it is just the snow talking...but AWD would be relly nice here. My maxima can't even get up my driveway most of the time!!!

We'll see though because I have a little time left with the SVT until it is DONE. I just need some time to throw in my new turbo...get some tunign from Tom and put my new rear brakes on. Then a detail. And it can officially go for sale. Unless i fall in love with it again.

Sweet

Sweet

It looks awesome and sounds even better. Seen 2 here in the Springs. One with a full exhaust system, soooo awesome. Vette SUV ! The SRT8 Jeep Grand Chek. is a little faster, but I like the look of the TrailBlazer and since you have to buy chev. thats an awesome ride.
SS Colbolt; SS Impala; SS Trailblazer would be the only chev. I would buy if I had money like that. The 09' reardrive Impala with 380hp is going to be the hot rod of hot rod's, cant wait. By then the wife should be making pretty good money. 4 door GTO anyone ? -B.

Since you have this GM deal-thingy goin' on...do you get any deals on Saabs?
If so, go for a 9-3 Aero wagon. I don't think I'd buy one for retail, but for deep discounts, I'd be on it. :)

Well I said no to the trailblazer SS tonight.

With my gm discount and the rebate...I could get a brand new one a year newer for only 4k more, plus it woul dhave the 5 yr 100k warranty.

Plus they wanted to rape me on my trade in...I told them to take a hike.

Well I am looking for an SUV now...seriously this time. Gonna get rid of the Explorer. I really want to keep the 3 rows though. Whenever someone comes to visit...we use them!!!
Not really sure what to get, but we'll be keeping this one a while.

I looked at
06 Pathfinder
06 TBSS
06 Jeep Commander lmtd HEMI

Today I will look at the:
07 H3
not sure the years of the others
Caddy SRX
BMW X5
BMW X3
4Runner
MDX
Pilot

I want this to be a long term decision, so I want to consider everything.
Some times I really want 3 rows and then sometimes I ask if I really "need" them.
We'll see.
Last year I liked the H3, but too slow and no 3rd row...07 they bumped power so I thought I should look again.
And I almost pulled the trigger on a G. Cherokee HEMI...but again the 2 rows.

If you are thinking real long term, I would think a crossover would be your best bet. If we get one Hurricane in the gulf this summer, gas prices will hit $3.00/gal in a heart beat. You wont want to fill an SUV but a crossover can get 5 more MPG on average. You can get some good deals on SUV's right now, 0% interest is HUGE and could save you thousands. Best of luck shopping. The new MDX has 300hp and looks awesome, just one of my newer favorites, 24mpg too. -B.

Back