• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Jeremy Clarkson--The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

this is that clarkson vid christmas special, right? the one were he drives around willow springs?

if so, i was talking to the lotus rep's at the autoshow and they didnt tell clarkson that the cup car they gave him was a cup car but insted told him it was a standard exige s.

Clarkson is so lopsided.. you don't put a M5 up against a SRT-8

Never hurd of that Ford GT at the end.. pretty neat.

i agree but what other 4 door sport sedans do we have to compete with the best of europe?

Wes

Agreed... Some of the matchups weren't completely fair but it was definitely an interesting watch...

Anybody catch this quote when he was talking about the Corvette??
"In other words, this car is like herpes, great fun catching it, not so much fun living with it daily."

Anybody catch this quote when he was talking about the Corvette??
"In other words, this car is like herpes, great fun catching it, not so much fun living with it daily."

that was regarding the Zay-oh-six. and if driving a Z06 every day is like having herpes, where do i sign up?! :laugh:

i agree but what other 4 door sport sedans do we have to compete with the best of europe?

Wes

CTS-V would have been a better choice

Hummer and Escalade VS the Rover was lobsided as well, I like how they wedged the Escalade into the side of a cliff, like anyone would be that retarded, and the Hummer just died? Sure. An old 4.0L Cherokee would have been a better chice in that one.

I like Top Gear most of the time but sometimes it's just a bit too "British are better at everything than anyone on the face of the earth" which gets a little bit annoying.

CTS-V would have been a better choice

Hummer and Escalade VS the Rover was lobsided as well, I like how they wedged the Escalade into the side of a cliff, like anyone would be that retarded, and the Hummer just died? Sure. An old 4.0L Cherokee would have been a better chice in that one.

I like Top Gear most of the time but sometimes it's just a bit too "British are better at everything than anyone on the face of the earth" which gets a little bit annoying.
i thought about that one 2. but power wise the srt8 has more. that would have been why they chose it. most powereful american sedan vs the best of europe.

Wes

I lose more and more respect for that man every time I watch the show. Did anyone catch the fact that they used a base convertible auto (slowest possible combination) Mustang, and claimed it had the 300hp 4.6? Wow...this guy is a moron.

i thought about that one 2. but power wise the srt8 has more. that would have been why they chose it. most powereful american sedan vs the best of europe.

Wes
The STS-V is actually the most powerful American sedan. The CTS-V would have matched better with the M5 due to its handling characteristics.

That first mustang, that got beat by the horse, I dont think that was a GT. Lets see, the rims were not of the GT style, it did not have the extra lights in the grill and did not have the GT emblem in the back "fake" gas cover.

I lose more and more respect for that man every time I watch the show. Did anyone catch the fact that they used a base convertible auto (slowest possible combination) Mustang, and claimed it had the 300hp 4.6? Wow...this guy is a moron.

That first mustang, that got beat by the horse, I dont think that was a GT. Lets see, the rims were not of the GT style, it did not have the extra lights in the grill and did not have the GT emblem in the back "fake" gas cover.

You catch on quick.

And now he is able to cross a 6 way junction with no stoplights on foot safely with no troubles at all, and what does he say? "God I'm glad I don't live here."

This guy has a serious bone to pick with the US...perhaps an American beat him up and stole his lunch money as a kid...

Just about every American car he drove he bad mouthed, kind of pissed me off. American consumers want something different. This is not Europe. Not everyone wants the luxury style.

Just about every American car he drove he bad mouthed, kind of pissed me off. American consumers want something different. This is not Europe. Not everyone wants the luxury style.

most of the cars in Europe are little crap boxes, not luxury cars.

Back