• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Bored after 4 years...

Yeah there seems to be a bit, but not much. I'd naturally ask for more closeup pics...A bit of rocker rust won't bother me, I mean, look at my Contour :laugh:

If you're willing to put the time into repairing a rocker, I guess it's worth it...as long as it isn't rotting back into the wheel well.

If you're willing to put the time into repairing a rocker, I guess it's worth it...as long as it isn't rotting back into the wheel well.

Right I mean if it's just a small spot then I'm not too worried. I'll gladly sand and spray some Rustoleum black. No big deal :laugh:

my sisters boyfriend has an 88 2 door 2 wheel drive cherokee with the 2.5 i4 and 5 speed he paid 600 for it and the only thing he has had to replace is the clutch (70 bucks) it gets him about 35 mpg on the highway and is actually relatively quick being so light. he drives it during the winter quite often and it does just fine with the tires hes got on it. oh and it have almost no rust even though its lived its life in MN

my sisters boyfriend has an 88 2 door 2 wheel drive cherokee with the 2.5 i4 and 5 speed he paid 600 for it and the only thing he has had to replace is the clutch (70 bucks) it gets him about 35 mpg on the highway and is actually relatively quick being so light. he drives it during the winter quite often and it does just fine with the tires hes got on it. oh and it have almost no rust even though its lived its life in MN

A few things I'd like to point out:

1. I'm getting a 4-door
2. I'm getting a 4.0L I6
3. I'm getting a 4spd auto
4. I'm gettin a 4wd

lol :laugh:

That's a lot of 4's.

If I actually got the Jeep I wanted the most, it would have been the two door hands down. It was too far out of my price range though.

Lol, I'm just curious. I did a lot of debating in this thread...so I'd like to see if it did any good. :laugh:

I think he already had his mind made up even before posting the thread, so no one really was able to sway his opinion either way.

since its totaled, it will have to be regeistered on a salvage title. and i think that mena you will have to repair it to the point it will pass inspection and then have a salvage inspection done by the state, who will then approve you for a salvage title.

Back