• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GOSHDAMNINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keys locked in car

it does look that way. As Dan said, it's not a contour option. I was just interested to know if you did. Maybe if i find an owners' guide in my travels, i can ship it out to anyone interested in doing this mod and the SATC ...G.

wow, i thought that this thread with die with me having solved my problem.. but i log on this afternoon to see 21 posts hahahaa. the way i broke into my car was actually pretty wierd, i had my brother pry open the door with his bare hands, and i slipped my antenna into the top, bent the tip a bit, rotated the end to hook under the door handle, and twisted to open... hahahaha. i was pretty relieved actually when it opened, and had a really great sleep.

the trick is getting a wooden or rubber wedge and a rubber mallet, take the wedge and hammer it between the top of the door jam and roof of the car, then you need a long thin wooden stick to reach down and pull out on the door handle, the automatic door locks automatically unlock when you put a small amount of force on the interior door handle, this will unlock the car and gain you access, ive had to do it 3-4 times for other people, and once for myself when I was 16. Haven't locked my keys in my car since :cool:

I hear that a sword might also do the trick! :laugh:

but quite honestly, the easiest way to break into your own car is....... are you ready for it??? I dont think your ready.... ok here it is..
The easiest way to open your locked door after you lock your keys inside is with a.....
BRICK.
Ya know im right.

but quite honestly, the easiest way to break into your own car is....... are you ready for it??? I dont think your ready.... ok here it is..
The easiest way to open your locked door after you lock your keys inside is with a.....
BRICK.
Ya know im right.

Right through the windshield - cheapest and easiest window to have replaced... I've got AAA and I'm not a moron, so I've never locked my keys in my car before..

Back