• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HID price range

Game, set, match buaha

The longevity and overall quality of the off balasts can be alot less then a premium brand, but will often serve their purpose.
My brother has had his plasmagarage.com HID kit in his Eagle Talon for 3 years with NO issues. Most of his driving is at night. I would say that is longevity.

Sup guys i just got my HID kit from xenonking.com 8000k i paid $340 and im very happy with it and once you adjust the light beams it puts out alot of light.

but is that will cause a problem when i will put my high beam and put back my low beam right after (since the loew beam turn off when i turn on my high beam) ??
'

mine always stay on even when I turn on my highs..I believe its the fogs that shut off when u turn your highs on, unless you have the fog light mod done..

but the kit from plasma garage is just available in 8000k ?? is it too much, like higher chance to get haress by the police ?

it is too much, Im sure you want the most outa the money you will be spending to upgrade to HIDs. So you are looking for somthing between 4300K - 5000K. Anything over 6000K will be blue and you will hate driving in bad weather..

'

mine always stay on even when I turn on my highs..I believe its the fogs that shut off when u turn your highs on, unless you have the fog light mod done..

i will have to doublecheck cuz im sure that my LB turn off along with my fog when i turn on my HB, and when i drive the car with the light off, my HB turn on automaticaly (but dimmed) as i start the car and turn off when i switch to the LB when i turn on the light switch

i will have to doublecheck cuz im sure that my LB turn off along with my fog when i turn on my HB, and when i drive the car with the light off, my HB turn on automaticaly (but dimmed) as i start the car and turn off when i switch to the LB when i turn on the light switch

Nope, not true. The lows always stay on with highs but the fogs do shut off, unless you have done the fog light mod. Even with DRL's.

Last edited:
ok thx, i cannot really check right now since im 9208 Milles from my car... i miss it so much :(

but im sure that only my (dimmed) high beam are on with the DRL when the light switch is off

another question, whats the temp of factory equip HID like a lexus or mercedes ?

ok thx, i cannot really check right now since im 9208 Milles from my car... i miss it so much :(

but im sure that only my (dimmed) high beam are on with the DRL when the light switch is off

another question, whats the temp of factory equip HID like a lexus or mercedes ?

4300K come stock on all OEM HID equiped cars

My brother has had his plasmagarage.com HID kit in his Eagle Talon for 3 years with NO issues. Most of his driving is at night. I would say that is longevity.

Thats one case of 3 years life, I could find you one case where an OEM set up crashed in under 3 years. You're gonna need more than 1 occurance to change my mind.

Thats one case of 3 years life, I could find you one case where an OEM set up crashed in under 3 years. You're gonna need more than 1 occurance to change my mind.
I guess I buy crap.:shrug: Plasmagarage.com will continue to get my business. :cool:

Dont get your panties in a wad hector. I didnt say it was crap, I only mentioned the topic of longevity. You dont need to justify your purchase to me. You like it, good for you.

I'd never buy a kit, but thats only because I can get OEM equipment and make it work for a couple hundred bucks.

and like goonz said, all OEM mnf use 4300k with the replacement bulbs coming in around 5000k which is the 'worn in' color. The difference in color you see is coming from the projectors, not the bulb.

Last edited:
Ive had my Plasmagarage lights a pretty long time, though I would have to search the old forums to find out when I bought them. Have been and continue to work great. Im guessing 2+ years.

So now thats two cases :p lol.

Ive had my Plasmagarage lights a pretty long time, though I would have to search the old forums to find out when I bought them. Have been and continue to work great. Im guessing 2+ years.

So now thats two cases :p lol.

hey man, no ones saying PG sucks, just stating other brands out there that are more OEM..

Im not saying you were saying PG sucked. I was just putting that out there, and giving Pud another person who has had their HIDs from PG for a while.

Would I buy from them again? Probably not, only because I would do a full projector retro. Do I regret buying from them? Absolutely not. They have performed great so far and serve the purpose I intended them to.

My next car will have a full retrofit, no doubt about it. :cool:

Back