• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I now present you with SVT #0801

little extra effort now means that it will clean up easier after the winter. and just because its a winter car doesn't mean it shouldn't be taken care of.

trust me I got my SVT with the thoughts of it becoming a dd. but after getting the car home and seeing how truely clean it is I can never bring myself to drive it in the winter, ever.
So true, now only if I could keep everything else (under carriage, struts, brakes...etc) as clean as they are. Honesly, I have never seen a car this clean though under paint. I was truly impressed!

I'll have a beater this winter for sure. 2 winters in mine is all it's ever seen. That's 2 too many, as far as I'm concerned. It's a beauty to work on because nothing is rusted on like my 88 Turbo Coupe was!! :crazy:
Erick --

Nice work BTW!! Paint looks great!

I should make you come do detail work for me in exchange for gun advice ;) At least that way my car would get clean on a regular basis, lol.

If you come down to see Rara, you can do my car too! He's about 8 minutes away.

Heck, I'd like the VW done up nice before the October Dragon run, and it'd be nice to have the Contour protected a bit before winter hits.

Looks better than new.

I would be surprised if the PC took out all the marring from the wet sanding. PC are not suppose to work for paint correction. I didnt see a DA on your list. I think you can still get a deeper black. :cool:

Is Poor Boys Blackhole for specifically Dark Cars? I wonder how it would work on Green.

Good Job

Looks better than new.

I would be surprised if the PC took out all the marring from the wet sanding. PC are not suppose to work for paint correction. I didnt see a DA on your list. I think you can still get a deeper black. :cool:

Is Poor Boys Blackhole for specifically Dark Cars? I wonder how it would work on Green.

Good Job
Well it took out most of the marring from the wetsanding. The 3M stuff did an amazing job of it. It was pretty bad after wetsanding and had me worried but I was very surprised. I think there is still a touch more deeper I can get but its going to rain today so I dont think I will attempt it today lol.
The Black hole is ment for darker cars, yes. I think on a darker green it would be not to bad. They also make a white diamond that I use on my SF that works amazing.

Wanna do my Focus? I bet you can beat the $250 quote I just got for wetsanding:laugh:
LOL ya I think I could esp with doing a whole detailing session on it.

Looks like you found a new temporary job for yourself, Bill. Are you still good with next Tuesday to do the G8?

Looks like you found a new temporary job for yourself, Bill. Are you still good with next Tuesday to do the G8?
Fo sho I think I can. Ill let you know how painting is going on the yellow coug lol. I dont wanna get that yellow paint on that pretty red.

little extra effort now means that it will clean up easier after the winter. and just because its a winter car doesn't mean it shouldn't be taken care of.

trust me I got my SVT with the thoughts of it becoming a dd. but after getting the car home and seeing how truely clean it is I can never bring myself to drive it in the winter, ever.
little extra effort now means that it will clean up easier after the winter. and just because its a winter car doesn't mean it shouldn't be taken care of. true

trust me I got my SVT with the thoughts of it becoming a dd. but after getting the car home and seeing how truely clean it is I can never bring myself to drive it in the winter, ever. also true just saying after all the work kinda breaks your heart to drive it in the winter

I don't see what all this winter-whining hubub is all about. I mean, it rarely gets in the 30s. :shrug:

:laugh:

Lol. It hit 80 here today and all of my friends were ?????ing about how hot it was...while they're wearing their jeans and don't even own shorts. :laugh:

Back