• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Rear Strut Tower Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
So I've been talking with my brother about a rear strut tower bar and he's on board for helping me out in constructing a few batches pending interest.

We are thinking of two options that you can choose from at different prices of course.

Option 1: Standard RSTB like Bat Inc. or Rawburt's (shooting for around $90-$150)

for reference
batincrearstrutbar.jpg

Option 2: Cross link design, much like the Cougar ST200. (shooting for $140-$210)

for reference
cougarstrutbar.jpg

So again this is just an interest check. My brother and I towards the end of this month (because of HIN in Chicago and CC Summer Nat's taking up our time) are going to pick up some materials and start some prototyping. Realistically these won't be available until mid-late Aug. if all goes well just FYI.

So with that who is interested.

Option 1: IS Bradness's bar, he used to sell them to BAT. IIRC But if you are making something similar, make sure it has joints at the ends, i don't like rawburts design because it doesn't have flexible joints

Option 2: Would be pretty BA and I'd be interested.

And I'll be more than willing to be a guinea pig if it'll get me one cheap :laugh:

Haha. I've got quite a few people near me that I'm sure I can test fit them on. However I'll let you know if I need another car to test fit it in.

Option 1: IS Bradness's bar, he used to sell them to BAT. IIRC But if you are making something similar, make sure it has joints at the ends, i don't like rawburts design because it doesn't have flexible joints

Option 2: Would be pretty BA and I'd be interested.

Yea that's the plan. My brother and I like Bradness's design better, plus it will be more repeatable and easier to build.

In any case I'll have more information towards the end of the month.

I like the Rawburt/Bradness/BAT design. It'd be great to get these around the $100 mark. Just my 2 cents!
Erick --

I like option 1.
I already have a Rawburt RSTB installed but I like the design of the Bradness on better.
May be interested depending on price.
-J

Well I'm up for either one, but option 2 looks sweet.

If you are serious, I'd be up for pre-paying for it, to help you guys get the ball rolling.... (once you get an exact price)

pm me

i'm up for option 2 if it will fit my ST24 Mondeo. At 150 - 200 bucks that's a good price if it performs as well as an original. ...G.

No worries as I plan to build both to satisfy everyone.
damn it man. Now I will have to choose the one I want lol you could have made it easier by picking only one to make:crazy: Now it boils down to if i want to be able to carry long items or not.............:ponder:

damn it man. Now I will have to choose the one I want lol you could have made it easier by picking only one to make:crazy: Now it boils down to if i want to be able to carry long items or not.............:ponder:

Nah... I've got a remedy for that too :laugh:... no worries :cool:

Are these going to screw into the strut towers? I recall reading somewhere that weakens the structural integrity or something like that.

Strut bar?

Strut bar?

I was disappointed that the cross design was discontinued by BAT. that would be the one im interested in but if you need another for the type 1 PM me. Im waiting for one similar to the first style from todras but he's taking weeks and no communication and he has my money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back