• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Detroit Sports Talk 2009

Harrry

Addicted CEG'er
Redwings.

Hossa signed today for $62.4 million over 12 years. That's a $5.2 million cap hit per season.

Ty Conklin went to the St. Louis Blues for two years and $2.6 million

Chris Cheelios finally retired. :crazy:

Pistons

Pistons fire Curry!!!

Sources indicate Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva are moving fast toward deals with Detroit

well we have some big changes over the last couple days....Some are good and bad.

Was kinda hoping the would keep conklin as a back up. Is he playing primary in STL?

Hossa did sign today, but not with the Wings..... With the Blackhawks :mad:

Also dont think Cheli retired either. Holland didn't offer a contract supposedly and might still play elsewere, bummer

Yeah, they have been talking with him since before the playoffs. I dont know what the final offers was, but he will be making less a year now than he was with the Wings. They probably weren't ready to offer him a long term contract and Im guess thats what he was looking for.

Edit: Looks like I was wrong. They offered him 12 year deal a 4 mil a year. While that adds up to a 12mil hit, I think I would have still stayed if I were him.

Hossa did sign today, but not with the Wings..... With the Blackhawks :mad:

Also dont think Cheli retired either. Holland didn't offer a contract supposedly and might still play elsewere, bummer

I heard on the radio he retired...and doesn't want to play any more.

Also yea...i must of deleted the signing with the black hawks..when i edited my post. :blackeye:

Last thing I heard about Chellie was he wanted to play in the east:shrug: but I could've missed that story on the radio yesterday. On a side note Marian Gabrik (spelling:rolleyes:) signed with the Rangers, too bad the Wings didn't have that guy, awesome player. Good luck to Ty, he was a pretty good player and one of the better backups we've ever had IMO!

Detroit Pistons:

Rasheed wallace has left the team. His new home playing for the boston Celtics will be making the celtics one powerful foe this coming year.

lions lookin strong eh? im liking what i saw from stafford. what do you think?

He seemed strong...the line actually gave him some room so he can work a bit..
His throws were good and strong...some were too good...making colbert look like a freshmen college player :laugh:

To be honest...i get very excited every year though....:crazy: So i gotta play it cool...and think the worst.:crazy:

haha im with ya there on getting exited every year. idk this year seems different. we cant have those dropped balls from colbert tho. almost all of the passes he threw to him were deffinatly catchable. but thats why we got calvin i guess.

Back