• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

opinions needed!!

just because i was there doesn't mean i saw everything
plus i have a hard enough time remembering my name every day

pretty sure the gap at the sides is from hood struts on his car but i might be wrong.

you are correct sir. The hood struts do that to every hood even a little bit on the stock one. No real gaps at all on the EVO...the struts just raise the back a little bit....

FYI, my point of reference from the first pic is the grille. The ring looks awful far from the lip, but maybe it's just that picture.

FYI, my point of reference from the first pic is the grille. The ring looks awful far from the lip, but maybe it's just that picture.

That grill had some of the plastic tabs broken off that you use to hold the the oval tight to the rest of the grill when isntalling stazi mesh...so it did not hold as tight to the car/hood as it normally would. I have since painted and swapped in another grill so it looks perfect :)

got the car semi-finished today. i left the hood design up to the painter. i really couldnt be happier.

photoshoot1.jpg

thanks. i was a little upset because i washed the car right before the pics and the right headlight was still a little hazy from the hot water

The first angle didn't really do it for me, but that second shot looks great. I like the lines of it. Maybe just a little less curve on the front, but still looks nice. Respect to you and the painter.

that wide angle lens really screws up the lines in those pics. i'll grab a cell phone pic in the morning

The dark part in the first picture reminds me of a mullet. I don't even know how I came to that conclusion though.

It looks better in the 2nd angle though.

Back