• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

thoughts on this front lip?

ST24 front fascia+ that lip=NICE!!! I doubt that it can be made to work on the american bumper covers. Have you seen the pics of the mach1 lip on our cars?

SUPER CEREAL.
manbearpig.jpg

These are the in thing over here on ST Mondeos both Mk2 and Mk3. They are actually from the SEAT Cupra Type R and cost £22 ( approx $45 ) from a SEAT main dealer, the site selling thems price is regarded as a rip off amongst the all Mondeo clubs and forums members.

wont work on an SVT contour anyways, the lower line of the SVT contour is WAY different.

However, someone with a non SVT 98+ might be able to get it to work, much like the pre98 Mystique lower air dam that some people put on their 98+ non SVT contours

I can't see why it wouldn't fit an SVT bumper it is a very flexible plastic, here it is fitted to a Mk3 Mondeo which has a lower profile to the bumper about as different as you could get from a Mk2 ST.
DSC_0431-1.jpg

those little rubber lips just look cheap to me:shrug: i wouldnt put one on one of my cars. just my 2 cents though

im not saying I would either, I just thought it looked interesting and was wondering if anyone had tried it on here.

It'd be nice to see something other than the mirko on a contour, don't get me wrong, i'd love a mirko (especially over my makeshift lip) but its makin all the tours look the same on the front end..and a whole new lip would make a 'tour pretty distinguishable . someone should pick it up...even though its pretty much the same thing as my $10 lip :crazy:

Last edited:
It'd be nice to see something other than the mirko on a contour, don't get me wrong, i'd love a mirko (especially over my makeshift lip) but its makin all the tours look the same on the front end..and a whole new lip would make a 'tour pretty distinguishable . someone should pick it up...even though its pretty much the same thing as my $10 lip :crazy:

not quite the same, its not made out of rubber, pretty sure it looks like a plastic piece to me :shrug:

Back