• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

opinions needed!!

don't paint it, IMO that hood only looks presentable left alone....only this hood looks good painted :D

IMG_1586.jpg

While that does look very good, it does show off the fitment issues, i.e gaps.

-Andy

is teamsvt's mirko molded on?

yes the right way to do it. The evo hood is the best CF hood hands down, I had 3 they fit great. Ditch that ugly ass cowl hood and get the evo hood. Painted or cleared they look great.

While that does look very good, it does show off the fitment issues, i.e gaps.

-Andy

pretty sure the gap at the sides is from hood struts on his car but i might be wrong.

you are correct sir. The hood struts do that to every hood even a little bit on the stock one. No real gaps at all on the EVO...the struts just raise the back a little bit

see....
IMG_1580.jpg

is teamsvt's mirko molded on?

yes the right way to do it. The evo hood is the best CF hood hands down, I had 3 they fit great. Ditch that ugly ass cowl hood and get the evo hood. Painted or cleared they look great.

Also correct sir...molded mirko FTW

paint it all...however, can you get just a little bit of the silver in so that some of the carbon fiber pattern shows through? something where you would have to look directly at it to notice...

Quick one
attachment.php

Get a touring wing and paint the sides black or wrap in CF, leave the wing part silver.

Attachments

• adrs2.jpg
    adrs2.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 0
doesnt matter. they dont have those hoods. i dunno why its still on their website. besides, their fone doesnt work.
oh i forgot i read on neco they are under new ownership now. we prob wont get anything from them again.

i made a decision. i'll be dropping the parts off next week. so you'll see finished pics in about 2 weeks

Back