• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Want a vacation/honeymoon, can you help me?

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
My wife and I were married in Aug of '08 and never took a honeymoon because they are so expensive. I want to plan one without her knowing and need some help. The craigslist tickets to disney/epcot/sea world/u-studios seem so shady that I can't trust them at all. If I go through a vacation ticket place we will get charged through the nose.

I am really asking for help getting:
-super cheap tickets for 2 maybe for one park a day
-hotel / home to stay at for 4-5 days, 3-4 nights
-transportation (borrow/rent a car :shrug:)
-airplane tickets (I can find some, but if you know where the cheap ones are let me know)

I will pay cash, barter powder coating, barter contour parts, etc.... Basically pound out the cheapest vacation for 2 with activities for 4-5 days, place to stay, and a vehicle to borrow/rent. We would be gone for most of the days and really just need a place to shower and sleep. Will consider all types of transportation bikes/moped/contour :D/whatever you have.

I appreciate the help and am a trustworthy and honest person. I would treat you home/car/etc. as it was my own. Please help. Thanks - JOE:cool:

check sidestep.com

I have found really cheap rooms on their website. If you come to Florida and stay at an Orlando hotel, they should have free shuttle's to the Disney parks. Once you are in Disney you can take their boats and trams to the different parks and hotels all for free. I would just get a ticket for two to Orlando (they can always be found cheap), get a cheap hotel in Orlando (not hard at all, the place is always packed with tourists, and hotels compete for business), take the shuttle everywhere.

You guys could go to a park during the day ($50-60 each) take the free boats to a disney themed hotel and eat at one of their restaurants (wilderness lodge is fun). After dinner you can explore the hotel you are eating at. They all have interested decor and nice places for a short walk. Wilderness lodge has a small wooden path to walk on and a fake geyser. As the evening draws near take the free boat to the hawaiian themed hotel and sit out on a hammock strung between large palm trees, enjoy the nightly fireworks and lit up float show that happens in the large lagoon that connects all of the hotels. Spend you late evening exploring Downtown Disney and Universal City Walk (both of which are free to walk around it). They have cool shops and there are always musicians and other interesting things going on in the streets.

You could have a really cheap honeymoon in Orlando. I would even throw in a water park or something. Get one of those disney hopper passes at a discount rate through AAA.

Stay off of Craiglist and CEG for a few weeks, and you could probably take a GREAT vacation, Joe. :laugh:

Yah, real funny. I usually don't buy into things that don't make me any $ in the long run. It is a wierd mentallity that I have to always be wheelin and dealing.....

We did Disney for our honeymoon 5 years ago. This may or may not help you, but we went through a local agent that my mom does business with.
She got us a 6night/7day stay at a Disney resort, park hopper passes for the entire week (can hop to any of the 4 big parks, the water parks and the Marketplace area all day everyday), airfare and airport shuttle, all for $2k.
I'm sure things cost more nowadays, but you can get packages lumped together like that.

We stayed in the Port Orleans resort area, which is affordable, and has a cute french quarter/Louisiana theme to it. You can also rent little motorized boats to get a different view of the parks/resorts. We enjoyed that.

Most of the week, we took Disney transportation to the parks from our hotel, therefore no need for a rental car.
When we wanted to leave the park to do something elsewhere, we merely took a taxi.
You save on parking fees if you stay within the resort.
And exploit the heck out of telling everyone you're on you're honeymoon, so you can get freebies and other special treatments.

What month are you looking to book the trip for?

No particular month but was looking to spend about $1k for the both of us combined..... hopefully

Oh once you know the dates you'll be staying - immediately make reservations for dinner in Cinderella's castle for one night.
The restaurant books up fast, even 6 months in advance sometimes.
The food is pricey, but it's your honeymoon, and it's so delicious - well worth the price. Good, romantic atmosphere. You can eat cheap burgers the rest of the week. lol

Ill pick you up and drop you off at the airport. If you are thinking of doing the disneyworld route you dont need a car. Depending on when you go Ill know if you can just borrow the SVT.

As another idea...

I went here for my honeymoon...http://www.sundialresort.com/

It was about 120/night and it was awesome! The studio rooms have a full kitchen and huge bathroom. Its the hurricane season so the rates are really low. When we went I didnt see one cloud in the sky. Factoring in the plane ticket and food you will be at about 1k.

Last edited:
We did Disney for our honeymoon 5 years ago. This may or may not help you, but we went through a local agent that my mom does business with.
She got us a 6night/7day stay at a Disney resort, park hopper passes for the entire week (can hop to any of the 4 big parks, the water parks and the Marketplace area all day everyday), airfare and airport shuttle, all for $2k.
I'm sure things cost more nowadays, but you can get packages lumped together like that.

We stayed in the Port Orleans resort area, which is affordable, and has a cute french quarter/Louisiana theme to it. You can also rent little motorized boats to get a different view of the parks/resorts. We enjoyed that.

Most of the week, we took Disney transportation to the parks from our hotel, therefore no need for a rental car.
When we wanted to leave the park to do something elsewhere, we merely took a taxi.
You save on parking fees if you stay within the resort.
And exploit the heck out of telling everyone you're on you're honeymoon, so you can get freebies and other special treatments.

What month are you looking to book the trip for?
Our 7day Carribean cruise was cheaper!:eek:

My wife and I were married in September, 2005 and our honeymoon got canned because my dad died 2 weeks to the day before our wedding.
???? happens...

a friend of my family just offered me a 5 day cruise for $350 a person starting on OCT 1st. I can't remember the places it goes but i do know they make 3 stops and it leaves from florida. If you want more information let me know. He set me up on a 7 day cruise a few years back on carnival and it was great. This one is on carnival too i believe.

a friend of my family just offered me a 5 day cruise for $350 a person starting on OCT 1st. I can't remember the places it goes but i do know they make 3 stops and it leaves from florida. If you want more information let me know. He set me up on a 7 day cruise a few years back on carnival and it was great. This one is on carnival too i believe.
you better not go! you gotta come run the dragon:crazy:

Wow, thanks for all the good info guys. Let me roll around on all of these ideas and see what happens. If you get a PM from me after you posted here, I might need ya ;). Thanks!

Actually sounds like a good idea :shrug:..... That reminds me, I need to call you :)

Back