• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

issues w/ebay maf adaptor?

95pgt-t

Hard-core CEG'er
anyone else have any? my car throughs a cel w/the ebay maf adaptor that comes w/the cc cai. its the standard ebay one w/the iat plug.

do you have your IAT in after the MAF and then have the hole in the MAF adapter plugged? the IAT needs to be after the MAF

well i know you have an SVT and all svt IAT's are after the MAF

That is correct. YOu have to plug atleast one of the holes.

It doesn't matter where it is placed. As long as it is reading air going threw the air intake.

well,this intake only has the hole in the maf adaptor(for the iac) so it has to go there. i've read on neco that the cheap maf adaptor sometimes causes idleing issues b/c of its smaller than the opening of the stock maf,so the air isnt read correctly by the sampling tube:shrug:

well,this intake only has the hole in the maf adaptor(for the iac) so it has to go there. i've read on neco that the cheap maf adaptor sometimes causes idleing issues b/c of its smaller than the opening of the stock maf,so the air isnt read correctly by the sampling tube:shrug:

That is very true!!!!

The IAC can still go into your air intake tube. Then you will have to jb weld the hole in the maf adapter. Because if not, then you will have a drop of pressure inside the intake hose resulting in CEL and lose of power.

well i just plugged the hold in the maf adapter. and drilled a hole in the new pipe and just used a IAC grommet from like a chevy that fit around our iac and installed it that way. no cel

Hey. Make me an offer. Have to cover shipping too. You poop stain. It thought that's what they went for. Guess they've come down. Haven't bought one since 1999. LOL!

I've posted 2 good adaptors in the classifieds. No one has even bitten. Freakin cheap too.

doh, if I had seen that I would have gotten one ... but I just got a brand new KKM adaptor off ebay for like $30, it was at least half of what they sell it on their webpage for ...

Back