• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Which would you buy??

Which would you buy??

• Dodge Viper GTS

Votes: 34 30.9%
  • Porsche 911 Turbo

Votes: 76 69.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hm... depends. Viper if you have a small pee pee syndrome and wanna make up for it..

Porsche if you wanna cruise around on the streets in somthing other then a land yacht and get decent milage.

I'm almost positive the stigma of small dick syndrome was cured with Porsche. :shrug:

where's the ferrari option?

i saw an F40 parked on the street today with a for sale sign in the window :drool:

The only Ferrari in the price range that I could afford is an old 348 TS, which looks like a modified Fiero because of there short wheel base :laugh: heres a pic...

ferrari348ts.jpg
ferrari348tsrear.jpg

Porsche=class; Viper=redneck who won the lotto. That being said, I'd take either one

:laugh:... well the one thing for sure is I do not see many Viper's on the streets. I see a lot of Porsche's but they are not 911 Turbo's. They are typically Boxster's which a guy can pick up used for around $12k, but they seem to be a woman's car :shrug:

I'm almost positive the stigma of small dick syndrome was cured with Porsche. :shrug:

You guys know that the only reason why I'm looking into this now is because the famous "I would really love to have a couple of kids" question is coming around a bit to often from the wife and the folks are starting to ask "so when are you guys planning on having kids?"... so there is not a chance in hell that I can afford any of these cars and have two little ones running around too...

Well i have one question?

what are you looking for? A weekend driver? a track car? a show car? A car you want to modify/ leave stock?

See a Porsche you can drive everyday....a viper, you really cant.
Both cars can be used at the track, but that Porsche will obviously perform better in stock form.
I can see myself modifying a porche but i woudln't modify the viper.
The viper is more of a show car...most people (not us enthusiasts) would droole over a viper more then a Porsche, mostly because the viper is way more rare.

2004 cobra........ skrew a porsche. lol

mikey if you sell your tour, you better let me take the good stuff off first! hahaha

another note, mike. you can afford either of these cars, but i know for a fact that you'd have to most likely ditch your camaro project and sell off the good parts, and also sell the tour, or turn that back to stock and get some $$$ back for the parts. having another car, she'll probably pack up and leave :D

so, with that said, i'll take teh corbeau seats and harnesses, the baer brakes, the rear brake upgrade kit, your rims, and your PRP. haha!

another note, mike. you can afford either of these cars, but i know for a fact that you'd have to most likely ditch your camaro project and sell off the good parts, and also sell the tour, or turn that back to stock and get some $$$ back for the parts. having another car, she'll probably pack up and leave :D

so, with that said, i'll take teh corbeau seats and harnesses, the baer brakes, the rear brake upgrade kit, your rims, and your PRP. haha!

Hahaha.... no I'd keep the tour. Integra is on it's way out. I've gopt winter tires/rims for the car too so it would work out just fine. The Camaro would have to go though. No room for that many cars. So I'm working on putting that engine back together and painting the car.

Ugh... now the wife is saying she'd rather see me install a turbo and repaint my tour then buy one of these cars... man I just can't win. What do you guys think? I mean I'd have close to the power of a stock Porsche/Viper pushing the high 300 if not low low 400 range in my tour when I'm done (adding 3L, turbo)... but it sure as hell wouldn't handle like either of them nor would it put the power down like them... well maybe it would handle better then the Viper I hear they handle like crap :laugh: Definitely would have to do something about the axles though...

Thoughts?? Or would you just buy a Porsche/Viper anyway and screw the tour? I know it's like comparing apples and oranges, but I would have a lot less money in the tour obviously. I'm just not sure if I would be satisfied with it :shrug:

Ugh... now the wife is saying she'd rather see me install a turbo and repaint my tour then buy one of these cars... man I just can't win. What do you guys think? I mean I'd have close to the power of a stock Porsche/Viper pushing the high 300 if not low low 400 range in my tour when I'm done (adding 3L, turbo)... but it sure as hell wouldn't handle like either of them nor would it put the power down like them... well maybe it would handle better then the Viper I hear they handle like crap :laugh: Definitely would have to do something about the axles though...

Thoughts?? Or would you just buy a Porsche/Viper anyway and screw the tour? I know it's like comparing apples and oranges, but I would have a lot less money in the tour obviously. I'm just not sure if I would be satisfied with it :shrug:
wow idk what to say to this lol. at least the tour would be paid for lol

You're going to put $10k into your SVT to make it how you want it. When you're done with it, you'll still have a $6k car. It sucks to hear it, but that's what you're looking at. Now, if you are going to keep the Viper or the Porsche in the garage, and only bring it out on very nice occassions, I would think both should retain a bit of their value if properly cared for, and the you don't let the miles start flying off the odometer.

I'm not trying to push you towards buying either car, that's a huge decision if there's even a single hint that you'll be strapped, there's a chance of losing your job, your wife doesn't approve, etc. But if she gives the thumbs up, and you're not going to be scraping the bottom of the barrel, then it sounds like you might take this brief opportunity to get what you want. You might find out later that you can keep it, AND make the wife happy! :laugh:

Mark

You're going to put $10k into your SVT to make it how you want it. When you're done with it, you'll still have a $6k car. It sucks to hear it, but that's what you're looking at.

Exactly what I'm thinking. I've been down this road with my Camaro, but the one thing I'd have going for me is I wouldn't be tied to it with car payments.

Now, if you are going to keep the Viper or the Porsche in the garage, and only bring it out on very nice occassions, I would think both should retain a bit of their value if properly cared for, and the you don't let the miles start flying off the odometer.

I'm not trying to push you towards buying either car, that's a huge decision if there's even a single hint that you'll be strapped, there's a chance of losing your job, your wife doesn't approve, etc. But if she gives the thumbs up, and you're not going to be scraping the bottom of the barrel, then it sounds like you might take this brief opportunity to get what you want. You might find out later that you can keep it, AND make the wife happy! :laugh:

Mark

I'd drive the car during the week on nice days and the weekends during the spring/summer/fall and let it sit in the garage when I'm not using it. Probably looking at around 2k a year on the odometer. Everything else is sitting on sturdy ground... the wife just thinks we'll be putting off on having kids longer then what she would like. I'm think the argument is if it truly becomes an issue I can always sell it in the end if need be, again assuming it holds it's value.

I'm strongly leaning towards the Porsche 911. I'm thinking about heading into a dealership this weekend to go for some test drives. Porsche has some pretty good CPO programs and there are a few in the area.

Back