• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Going down to H-town for a couple days

ancientsanskrit

Hard-core CEG'er
As title says, got a conference down there next month. I figure I've got a few hours in the evening to explore.

What to do I do down there? My buddy tells me it is almost exactly like Detroit down there. If so, should be fun.

I's San Antonio any better? I will be there for the rest of the week for work. I heard it's pretty awful. I've got a friend in Houston that I may try and meet up with at some point too.

Bahhh, c'mon someone has to have some advice on what things to do/see out there.

Is it really that bad? I mean, I'm in Lubbock for crying out loud. It can't get much worse!

Bahhh, c'mon someone has to have some advice on what things to do/see out there.

Is it really that bad? I mean, I'm in Lubbock for crying out loud. It can't get much worse!

It could be Flint...that would be worse.

Anyways, I'm not really familiar with the Houston area. I've only been there a few times and it was a long time ago.

there is tons of stuff to do in Houston its just a matter of what you want to do. I grew up there, but havent been back in about 4 years now. I will ask some friends whats happening in the area at the moment and ill post back in here.

If you had some daylight hours or a weekend plenty of things I would recommend. But you said you had only a few hours in the evening. That pretty much limits you to restaurants and clubs. I'm not up on either, especially in downtown Houston. But then you didn't say what area you are staying?

Today it hit 104 degrees. Dyoel82 wasn't joking when he said hot and sticky. Tomorrow and Friday forecasted for high of only 99 degrees though.

If you had some daylight hours or a weekend plenty of things I would recommend. But you said you had only a few hours in the evening. That pretty much limits you to restaurants and clubs. I'm not up on either, especially in downtown Houston. But then you didn't say what area you are staying?

Today it hit 104 degrees. Dyoel82 wasn't joking when he said hot and sticky. Tomorrow and Friday forecasted for high of only 99 degrees though.

Icon Hotel, 220 Main Street. I have no clue where this is, as I know nothing about the city.

Yes, mostly time in the evening, but may be able to step out for a 3-4 hours during the day.

The heat I can take now, having lived in Lubbock for almost a year. That being said, the 100 degrees plus your humidity will require me to back a supplemental suitcase filled with deodorant and undershirts!

The heat I can take now, having lived in Lubbock for almost a year. That being said, the 100 degrees plus your humidity will require me to back a supplemental suitcase filled with deodorant and undershirts!

Panhandle heat doesnt begin to compare to the heat the south part of texas gets. Throw in some louisiana-style humidity and you've got yourself a party!

Panhandle heat doesnt begin to compare to the heat the south part of texas gets. Throw in some louisiana-style humidity and you've got yourself a party!

We've been lucky the past few days of high temps. Humidity has been staying under 50%. But forecasted to be back to normal tomorrow 80-90% humidity.

Hotel Icon is smack dab in the downtown district. You are not that far from Reliant Stadium/Astrodome and almost walking distance to Astros Stadium. Check event schedules for the dates you're staying and might be a match.

Yellow Cab has a special, $6 will take you anywhere in the city. If you've ever paid taxi fares in a big city you will appreciate this.

Back