• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3 liter conversion swap parts interested?

BurritaSVT

Veteran CEG'er
I made a full kit to where everyone can do a direct swap no rigging up cheese straps or welding required. The parts will be machined aluminum and also includes a 1 1/2" trottle bpdy spacer. The kit allows you to use 63mm SVT or 65mm TB and utilizes the 3 liter IAC by feeding it through the spacer. We made a EGR adapter prebent to bolt up to the 3 liter EGR valve no welding or copper pipe needed. The coil pack has it own bracket we made that clears the firewall and looks OEM postioned you also will need the fuel rail mod will be needed for most application to avoid brazing the lines.

let me know what you think
TrottleBodySpacerAdpter.jpg

trttlebodyspacer.jpg

throttlebrkt.jpg

newcoilbracket.jpg

newcoilbracket1.jpg

newcoilbracket2.jpg

newcoilbracket3.jpg

Last edited:
It probably does, but how the heck is that coil pack going to fit there :confused:?.... Looks like some good ideas, I would say go for it.

It probably does, but how the heck is that coil pack going to fit there :confused:?.... Looks like some good ideas, I would say go for it.

It does I went test fit the coil pack in the car with the 3 liter conversion it has 2" of space between the wall and the coil top. Joey

thats not gonna work for the coil pack once you put plug wires on it and such. i tried when i did my last swap.....

thats not gonna work for the coil pack once you put plug wires on it and such. i tried when i did my last swap.....

After I finish my poker game I will go install it again and take some snap shots I made my dyno runs when I did the intake runs and had it there so I will test it again. Joey

I was thinking the same thing. looks like it will clear with out wires but can you get wires on it after it is in there? or get it back out for that matter lol.

Nice work though Joey

Ok knowing I had it there for the dynos I had it just sitting there I trimmed the bracket some more to give myself a 2" gap for engine movement. I attached the pics of the setup very easy to install and neat. joey

coilpackspacing.jpg

The tb modification is identical to mine!
I went with an 1 inch plate though..and the iac hole is also present inside the hole which goes into a canal that feeds the iac on the uim.
Oh well...if anyone was going to do this, i'm glad it was you.

I do like the coil pack mounting idea! That was my main reason...i didn't want to go with a full 3L. I didn't want to carve up my firewall. How much will you be offering the mounting tabs for?

The engine will rotate back when reved which could still cause issues with the pack hitting the firewall.

Yeah, i would be pretty concerned about that, but a coil pack mount/relocation is a great idea. Its one of the reasons i opted for split port.

Yeah, i would be pretty concerned about that, but a coil pack mount/relocation is a great idea. Its one of the reasons i opted for split port.

If your engine rotates more than 2" you have bad mounts and the coil wire sit up high meaning loose I will brake test them on the car with stock mounts but I had them there before with no issues but of course we wil test teh parts as usual. Joey

also take look at the top of the motor at the intake it is 2" away from the edge of the of the firewall that is farther from the axis of rotation and no one has mentioned they heard the intake hitting the upper firewall. I attached a pic of the intake installed you can see where the gap is the same at the top.
intakegap.jpg

figures I'd be the only one to ask for some pictures of the bolt on EGR pipe.

is it stainless?

like the TB adapter plate, you are planning on milling it down on the outside to match the footprint of the TB right?

have you thought about anodizing? black powder coat would also be a good alternative as well.

PS: I finally got my shyt sorted, you have a pm from me

we are going to cut the corners somewhat but we have to leave one ear for the IAC nipple and all out spacers will be powder coated and parts. The EGR will be SS so we can weld it on the EGR flange to bolt up like stock, Joey
figures I'd be the only one to ask for some pictures of the bolt on EGR pipe.

is it stainless?

like the TB adapter plate, you are planning on milling it down on the outside to match the footprint of the TB right?

have you thought about anodizing? black powder coat would also be a good alternative as well.

PS: I finally got my shyt sorted, you have a pm from me

sounds sick, nice work man

Glad somebody finally made a way for the lazy not to make excuses for hacking their EGR out.

can't wait to see finished stuff, I might pick up the stainless EGR pipe down the road just for the hell of it. pm me when you have an idea of the price.

is the SVT TB better than the taurus one?

I'm guessing the throttle response would at least be more linear at any rate

Do you need to do anything to the TB bracket to make it work with the spacer? It looks like its been modified in the pictures.

How about modded engine mounts, would that be feasable?

thought he said 65?

I know exactly squat about SVT stuff....

not a big fan of "sport" trim levels that cost twice the price of buying a base model and making it twice as fast....

Back