• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Photoshop request/ Contest

If the work is being done by the OP himself and does a good job, then so be it. If it were a quote from a body shop then absolutely not.

I'm bored... so look who's probably going to do your chop.

I am doing the work myself. Thanks for taking on the project. Can't wait to see how the photoshop comes out.

its really hard for me to believe that if it was such a :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty product that so many people would use it. the paint I am using is not a primer. It will look just fine. It is a DuPont product and it is not rocket science, but :censored:man you act like painting a car with a one stage paint is like doing brain surgery. if the paint faded in 2 months do you think people would be using it?!?!

C'mon even you guys have to be smarter than that. It will come out just fine, and I'm sure you all will still have stuff to say about it. I could care less as long as it looks good from 10 feet away because someone can always find something negative to say about it.

I do tons of media blasting for a local street rod shop that is sponsored by Dupont. Roughly 2 weeks ago I was dropping off some stuff and they had just finished up using this product you speak of on a Rambler. Wasn't exactly my cup of tea cuz the person who owns it went for the satin army green look. My response was, "Wooo this is a nice piece of :censored::censored::censored::censored:".
The painter looks at me and says, "This 'ill be one dull turd in 6 months".
That is coming from someone who has a contract to spray Dupont and is only supposed to spray Dupont products.

But do what you want.:rolleyes:

I do tons of media blasting for a local street rod shop that is sponsored by Dupont. Roughly 2 weeks ago I was dropping off some stuff and they had just finished up using this product you speak of on a Rambler. Wasn't exactly my cup of tea cuz the person who owns it went for the satin army green look. My response was, "Wooo this is a nice piece of :censored::censored::censored::censored:".
The painter looks at me and says, "This 'ill be one dull turd in 6 months".
That is coming from someone who has a contract to spray Dupont and is only supposed to spray Dupont products.

But do what you want.:rolleyes:

how would the product im using named hot rod black be used by a car thats going to be satin green. i think your are lost... and a flat green car prolly does resemble a turd, add in the flat character and you get a dull turd.

idk why you insist on telling me how horrible it is going to look because like i said i dont really care. i have seen enough examples of the paint on actual cars to know that it wont fade. thanks again though.

honestly unless someone is going to photoshop this, or give me some good ideas please quit cluttering it up with bullshiit

The hot rod black is not technically a "satin". I plan to spray it with the one stage with multiple coats. then I will most likely go with a flat clear on top. That will keep the paint from falling apart on me every time a rock hits it

...based on this I havn't lost squat :laugh:

That only paint i have seen that last over siz months is the stuff aliasjerk uses to paint his finger nails with :laugh:

how would the product im using named hot rod black be used by a car thats going to be satin green. i think your are lost... and a flat green car prolly does resemble a turd, add in the flat character and you get a dull turd.

idk why you insist on telling me how horrible it is going to look because like i said i dont really care. i have seen enough examples of the paint on actual cars to know that it wont fade. thanks again though.

honestly unless someone is going to photoshop this, or give me some good ideas please quit cluttering it up with bullshiit

I don't know if I say it's being cluttered with B.S. The thing you need to remember is that we're not bad guys, we just play them on CEG :laugh:

the only point i was trying to make is without experience that paintjob is gonna look like some ricer car with flat spray paint.

About a year ago Sport Compact Car Magazine did an article on rattle caning an sti. As bad as it sounds it turned out really well. I tried googling it but i could find the exact article on it. It was done in a garage, and all in all, it really looked good. So if done right, and all the prepping is done properly, then any paint will turn out to look good. The key to a good paint job is the prep work. Just my thoughts, but what do I know.

About a year ago Sport Compact Car Magazine did an article on rattle caning an sti. As bad as it sounds it turned out really well. I tried googling it but i could find the exact article on it. It was done in a garage, and all in all, it really looked good. So if done right, and all the prepping is done properly, then any paint will turn out to look good. The key to a good paint job is the prep work. Just my thoughts, but what do I know.
i have that magazine here at the house somewhere and yes it did turn out nice.

To the OP, i hope it turns out well, I'm a fan of flat/satin black and red as well, I.E. old school hot rod look. I think the point people have been trying to make is that most of the cars we see that look on in shows, aren't really drivers that much, which helps the paint stay looking really hot. Heck, most of the rods and such that do shows like the Autorama in Detroit and the Grand National Roadster Show frickin plastic wrap their tires when they move them. If the paint holds up to the UV light and regular use, awesome, you should have a pretty sweet looking and unique car. If not, then we just have to hope you also like the more "rat rod" look of use and patina, which is also pretty cool IMO. Anyway, good luck with the project and definitely post up some pics when you get it done, I for one would love to see how it comes out.

*EDIT* Just noticed you're in Louisville, I'm only about an hour and a half away. If you're into hot rods, any plans on going to the NSRA Nationals there in Louisville?

yeah no kidding, ive seen paintjobs like that only problem is do you really understand the "prep" involved to make it look descent.sure some guy can do it the wrong way and make it look fair but what about the majority who do it and it looks like total ass. sorry but my time is worth money and i dont have 3 months to do clean up on a :censored::censored::censored::censored: job. why spend 90 hrs. sanding when you can just paint it the right way from the beginning. i got a guys car at my house that he just painted himself.....what a joke it looks like:nonono: everyone thinks they can just do it, yeah right.
im leaving this thread now because my words are going in one ear and out the other. to the op good luck cant wait to see it

yeah no kidding, ive seen paintjobs like that only problem is do you really understand the "prep" involved to make it look descent.sure some guy can do it the wrong way and make it look fair but what about the majority who do it and it looks like total ass. sorry but my time is worth money and i dont have 3 months to do clean up on a :censored::censored::censored::censored: job. why spend 90 hrs. sanding when you can just paint it the right way from the beginning. i got a guys car at my house that he just painted himself.....what a joke it looks like:nonono: everyone thinks they can just do it, yeah right.
im leaving this thread now because my words are going in one ear and out the other. to the op good luck cant wait to see it

I do understand the prep involved. I'm not trying to belittle anyone here, I was just stating that there was a rattle canned sti cruising around that looks damn good. And their prep work on the car was not even a day. It was pulled into the garage, prepped and painted in the same day if I recall. If this paint is the way the OP wants to go, so be it. Is it a car that you have to see eveyday? Is it a paint job that will have your name on it? Honestly, it's his car, if it turns out bad he understands that's the way he made it. No one else. If he wanted to paint it pink, purple and lime green, it's still his car!! what's it matter

I do understand the prep involved. I'm not trying to belittle anyone here, I was just stating that there was a rattle canned sti cruising around that looks damn good. And their prep work on the car was not even a day. It was pulled into the garage, prepped and painted in the same day if I recall. If this paint is the way the OP wants to go, so be it. Is it a car that you have to see eveyday? Is it a paint job that will have your name on it? Honestly, it's his car, if it turns out bad he understands that's the way he made it. No one else. If he wanted to paint it pink, purple and lime green, it's still his car!! what's it matter

i spend time here to help people that is all. just passing my knowledge on. dont listen im fine with that he should just paint it pink probably look better. good thing you popped in with your factual knowledge "there was a spraypaint job once that looked good" :rolleyes: im gonna go hit myself in the head now

Last edited:
To the OP, i hope it turns out well, I'm a fan of flat/satin black and red as well, I.E. old school hot rod look. I think the point people have been trying to make is that most of the cars we see that look on in shows, aren't really drivers that much, which helps the paint stay looking really hot. Heck, most of the rods and such that do shows like the Autorama in Detroit and the Grand National Roadster Show frickin plastic wrap their tires when they move them. If the paint holds up to the UV light and regular use, awesome, you should have a pretty sweet looking and unique car. If not, then we just have to hope you also like the more "rat rod" look of use and patina, which is also pretty cool IMO. Anyway, good luck with the project and definitely post up some pics when you get it done, I for one would love to see how it comes out.

*EDIT* Just noticed you're in Louisville, I'm only about an hour and a half away. If you're into hot rods, any plans on going to the NSRA Nationals there in Louisville?

we usually go to the hot rod nationals but usually its the same thing over and over. but yea i enjoy going to see whats new

I love how this thread is on page six already (for me at least) and there still has been no PhotoShop :laugh:

no need to photo shop it ryan already has a pic of what its gonna look like

PIC-0439.jpg

i spend time here to help people that is all. just passing my knowledge on. dont listen im fine with that he should just paint it pink probably look better. good thing you popped in with your factual knowledge "there was a spraypaint job once that looked good" :rolleyes: im gonna go hit myself in the head now

Like i said, I wasn't trying to put anyone down in the process of posting my opinion. It seems like everyone is out to put this guy down. He said at the begining, his mind was set, he just wanted a photoshop. Sounds pretty simple but yet we still haven't seen one and it's all about, do this, don't do that, IMO it would look better this way, or that way. That's not what he wanted.

I've always been a believer in "learn from you mistakes" I've made my fair share of them with cars, from painting a 1st gen rx7 canary yellow(which i will never do again), to attempting a 5.4 powered aspire(don't try that), to owning a GM. Just let it be and see how it goes.

"Can't we all just get along":laugh:

Like i said, I wasn't trying to put anyone down in the process of posting my opinion. It seems like everyone is out to put this guy down. He said at the begining, his mind was set, he just wanted a photoshop. Sounds pretty simple but yet we still haven't seen one and it's all about, do this, don't do that, IMO it would look better this way, or that way. That's not what he wanted.

I've always been a believer in "learn from you mistakes" I've made my fair share of them with cars, from painting a 1st gen rx7 canary yellow(which i will never do again), to attempting a 5.4 powered aspire(don't try that), to owning a GM. Just let it be and see how it goes.

"Can't we all just get along":laugh:
and dont you wish someone would of said dont do that, from the beginning so you didnt waste your time and money
i have seen one. read my first post. it was done improperly and it looked awful

Last edited:
How about a mod steps in here? Wtf, the guy asked for a photoshop... And all we see is 2 pages of complete BS.

step in for what? do it for him then:shrug: im asking for a bj hurry up mods step in and get rawburt over.
here

Back