• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Photoshop request/ Contest

j0stev01

CEG'er
I have rebuilt a 2000 contour that most would part out, but when i got to the painting part of the process, i could not afford to repaint t-red.

I will be painting it DuPont Hot Rod Black. AKA flat black.

Anyway I'm still throwing around ideas as far as styling after paint, so I wanna see this picture turned Flat Black and some different rim options, or colors. I'm up for anything, and really like the whole red black scheme. so have at it!

Also I don't really give a dam how you think it will look, and you arent going to talk me out of the flat black.. so put your time to use and start photoshopping

Random stock looking svt picture
DSCF0175_edit.JPG

i cant wait to see a satin black svt! I plan on going that route if I end up picking the one up i am looking at.

i cant wait to see a satin black svt! I plan on going that route if I end up picking the one up i am looking at.

there was just a satin black one for sale a few months ago in flint MI on craigslist. satin is a very hard finish to paint and if not done well (which is more expensive than a regular paintjob) it will look like a bag full of smashed assholes. and it is very hard to mantain it scratches and chips very easily and any when it does it shows 5X more than a regular color the concept is cool though and id like to see the photshop

there was just a satin black one for sale a few months ago in flint MI on craigslist. satin is a very hard finish to paint and if not done well (which is more expensive than a regular paintjob) it will look like a bag full of smashed assholes. and it is very hard to mantain it scratches and chips very easily and any when it does it shows 5X more than a regular color

The hot rod black is technically a "satin". I plan to spray it with the one stage with multiple coats. then I will most likely go with a flat clear on top. That will keep the paint from falling apart on me every time a rock hits it

The hot rod black is not technically a "satin". I plan to spray it with the one stage with multiple coats. then I will most likely go with a flat clear on top. That will keep the paint from falling apart on me every time a rock hits it

trust what im telling you you wont like it 3 months after its done. but what the F do i know:shrug:

wait did you just say you were going to single stage it then clear it?????? oh boy lol

trust what im telling you you wont like it 3 months after its done. but what the F do i know:shrug:

wait did you just say you were going to single stage it then clear it?????? oh boy lol

yea u do know everything don't you? Just because a single stage doesn't call for clear doesn't mean you can't clear it. It will be no different than clearing a base coat except i will be using a flat clear

Either way it will look better than a two tone contour, and it will not fade

This Evo sure looks like smashed asssholes doesn't it?
flatblack_1.jpg

yea u do know everything don't you? The single stage does not call for clear. if you want paint chips everywhere don't clear it. Clearing a single stage is no different than clearing a regular base coat.

listen asshat im just trying to explain to you that all paintjobs get chips and scratches and on flat or satin they show way more and look like :censored::censored::censored: and if you DD it it will look like :censored::censored::censored: in 3 months . that is all. paint your peice of :censored::censored::censored: whatever color you like but ive painted cars so i figure since you made a post on a car forum you might want someones input that knows about paint. just my 2 cents
and in the immortal words of the steeda "im kinda a big deal around here"

SO YES I DO KNOW EVERYTHING!!!!

Last edited:
yea u do know everything don't you? Just because a single stage doesn't call for clear doesn't mean you can't clear it. It will be no different than clearing a base coat except i will be using a flat clear

Either way it will look better than a two tone contour, and it will not fade

This Evo sure looks like smashed asssholes doesn't it?
flatblack_1.jpg

That satin will look sweet, as it does in the pic. But that EVO is a show car and doesn't see the road that often. All bagged is saying is that with a daily driver the satin black is hard to maintain.

That satin will look sweet, as it does in the pic. But that EVO is a show car and doesn't see the road that often. All bagged is saying is that with a daily driver the satin black is hard to maintain.

I understand it will get chips and that's why it will get a flat clear over it which is perfectly fine. I'm not worried about long term because for the $200 it will cost to paint it, re painting is not a problem either.

Thanks for your concern bagged, but honestly it's a beater to me so thanks, but I think it will be just fine

I understand it will get chips and that's why it will get a flat clear over it which is perfectly fine. I'm not worried about long term because for the $200 it will cost to paint it, re painting is not a problem either.

Thanks for your concern bagged, but honestly it's a beater to me so thanks, but I think it will be just fine

200 dollar paint job??? oh god
proper flat or satin colors cost 150 a quart minimum you will use a gallon maybey a tad more with the flat color. not to mention clear, activators,paper and so on so yes it sure will be a beater. poor svt

cost me 1100 to paint mine myself but i dont use crap materials. just wait when you go to spray that 60 dolllar a gallon matrix clear youll see

this forum is going to hell in a hand basket you guys got some clown ass noobs LOL

Last edited:
Come on dude, there's no need for namecalling.
And we've already seen your rant on this forum when you said you were leaving the first time.

I'm not against spirited discussion here on factual paint info, but lay off the personal insults and namecalling, everyone.
Thanks

200 dollar paint job??? oh god
proper flat or satin colors cost 150 a quart minimum you will use a gallon maybey a tad more with the flat color. not to mention clear, activators,paper and so on so yes it sure will be a beater. poor svt

cost me 1100 to paint mine myself but i dont use crap materials. just wait when you go to spray that 60 dolllar a gallon matrix clear youll see

this forum is going to hell in a hand basket you guys got some clown ass noobs LOL

$1100 to paint a car that's only worth $2500? thats when you know you're cool. Maybe if it was a 10,000 car I would spend $1100 to paint it. No matter how expensive your paint was you can't turn shiit to gold.

$1100 to paint a car that's on worth $2500? thats when you know you're cool. Maybe if it was a 10,000 car I would spend $1100 to paint it. No matter how expensive your paint was you can't turn shiit to gold.

maybey if you put an 1100 dollar paintg job on yours it will be worth 2 grand but i sold mine for 6k last night but my idea of a beater and yours are obviously different. good luck cant wait to see the end result

and relax frenchie i said asshat i doubt he took offense to it

Last edited:
If it's a beater then why repaint it? :shrug:

Ever see that show Rob and Big? They painted their cars "Murder Black". Turned out not so bad.

And what's with the attitude? Geebus, listen to what is being said, you might learn something instead of flying off the handle at every little thing. MAACO paint jobs do not look good.

Only thing this thread needs is the 'I am CEG' pic of bagged.......I'd post it but I'm on my phone

Last edited:
Back