• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dragstrip pics. Byebye vipers and mustangs

thats sort of a 'duh kinda thing' pen. i certainly dont know anyone who'd pick an evo over a viper:shrug:. he only showed us how much fun he had on the track.

There's quite a few people out there that would probably take an Evo over a Viper. I wasn't saying he was trying to prove anything anyway, so I'm not sure how you got the impression I thought he was.

Just sharing some pics. I am by all means not "hating" on vipers or stangs.

I'm not saying you were hating on either of them. Just saying I'd love to have that Viper.

"omg, i just lost to a car that cost 1/3 or 1/4 of what i dropped to get this one, i must suck at car buying, wait, better yet 'driving'!"

hehe.

nice kills.

try half. or very close to it. either way, a V10 lost to a 4 banger. there, that sounds much better :cool:

you go through cars like i go through wheels lol. im afraid to drive an evo. im afraid ill start scheming on how to get my arse into one :laugh:

That thing must have launch control.... Oh wait dont they all?

Well at least you know how to use it :laugh:

Only problem with AWD is once you get to that point (enough power), parts start breaking after allot of hard launches. Unless you've put some extra $ into it, tp prevent that?

Overall love the Evo's but more of a Subaru & STI guy. Subaru is the "king" of AWD systems and has the rally heritage to prove it. One of my dream cars is a Subaru Impreza 22B!

That thing must have launch control.... Oh wait dont they all?

Well at least you know how to use it :laugh:

Yeah, and you launch it just like any other car out there? I'm not exactly sure what you meant by that.

Only problem with AWD is once you get to that point (enough power), parts start breaking after allot of hard launches. Unless you've put some extra $ into it, tp prevent that?

The only problem with EVERY car is once you start adding a bunch of power things start to break. But yeah, I've already went out of my way to build the driveline first.

Yeah, and you launch it just like any other car out there? I'm not exactly sure what you meant by that.

The only problem with EVERY car is once you start adding a bunch of power things start to break. But yeah, I've already went out of my way to build the driveline first.

who paid for the damage to the tranny when you had it shipped? I can't remember.

Back