• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Parking Ticket On Campus Today....

Lol, not here. If you have one ticket that you haven't paid (even if it is NOT overdue), your car WILL GET TOWED. I found out the hard way :nonono:

Damn...That sucks man. Did they at least not destroy your car while towing.

My 3rd year at school. I was parked at my apartment complex. Then the tow company towed my car with my mirko on it:mad: . They illegally towed my car. They wouldn't give it back for 2 days. The manager of the apartment complex called them repeatedly!! Telling them they are towing the cars that are parked in visitor lots.

Fuggen stupid dumb mother :censored:en retards. Man i :censored:ed bitsed up a storm. They wouldn't even let me go to my car that night for my heart medication. I called the police and everything. Police couldn't do crap for me. So i went to the hospital for medication that night. Placed my life in jeopardy because those dumb fuggen :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:es towed the wrong car and scratched up my mirko.

rant off. Sorry.

Well they jimmied my car open. I'm guessing this was so they could put it in neutral, although I'm not sure how they do it without the key? But at least I don't *think* they dragged it by the front tires, because I was parked up against a hill and they couldn't get my from the front. Regardless, I b*tched like a mofo because they towed my car at 4:45, and the enforced hours are 7-5 :mad:. $110 later...:nonono:

Well they jimmied my car open. I'm guessing this was so they could put it in neutral, although I'm not sure how they do it without the key? But at least I don't *think* they dragged it by the front tires, because I was parked up against a hill and they couldn't get my from the front. Regardless, I b*tched like a mofo because they towed my car at 4:45, and the enforced hours are 7-5 :mad:. $110 later...:nonono:

I always wondered if they do slimjim cars.

lol they had to lift my car up and put it on special dolly's to tow it. Because i always lift the e-brake and put in gear. When i called for my car that night they told me because of my parking methods they had to use dolly's, which is an additional $90 so it came out to 210 dollars:help:

lol they had to lift my car up and put it on special dolly's to tow it. Because i always lift the e-brake and put in gear. When i called for my car that night they told me because of my parking methods they had to use dolly's, which is an additional $90 so it came out to 210 dollars:help:
wtf!
IIRC it's not legal around here to park the car without applying the brake. At least, you'll fail your driver's test for sure.

Lol this is true. You fail if you don't apply the parking brake. Or, in my case, you ALMOST fail if you don't realize that when you get in the car that your parking brake is ON.

Wow... I bet they'd have fun trying mine... due to the fact that my alarm would sound, and that's a pretty sound... plus then my remote would start beeping telling me something is happening.... at which point an ass whooping would happen..... which reminds me... I should get that backup battery for my alarm as well as the mini piezo alarm for the interior... piezo does like 120+ db... you don't want to be in a car long with that puppy going..... :D

Lol this is true. You fail if you don't apply the parking brake. Or, in my case, you ALMOST fail if you don't realize that when you get in the car that your parking brake is ON.

To be honest, if i was taking a test i would put up my e-brake. Since i'm not taking a drivers test lol. i don't do it when i park my car:shrug: Only on hills i do.

To be honest, if i was taking a test i would put up my e-brake. Since i'm not taking a drivers test lol. i don't do it when i park my car:shrug: Only on hills i do.

Oh don't worry, I KNEW to put it up when I parked, lol, because of my mishap at the beginning :). But given that I have an automatic (as was the test car), I rarely use the e-brake. Only time I do is like you said, on hills or if I'm parked in a weird spot. Kinda like when I got towed, the parking spot where I was had big divots where the front tires sit so I pulled up the e-brake. :shrug:

Oh don't worry, I KNEW to put it up when I parked, lol, because of my mishap at the beginning :). But given that I have an automatic (as was the test car), I rarely use the e-brake. Only time I do is like you said, on hills or if I'm parked in a weird spot. Kinda like when I got towed, the parking spot where I was had big divots where the front tires sit so I pulled up the e-brake. :shrug:

I learned in cali that you have to use the ebrake or you get ticketed:shrug:
You also have to turn the wheels towards the curb. These two are a must, that have to be done when parking.

Only because if a quake occurs your car would roll towards the curb.

My god California SUCKS :shocked:. I think they just hate cars out there.

I love the weather, i just hate the laws. lol

Plus wouldn't you hate if a quake occured and all the cars rolled into one another lol.

I sure as hell would be out waving my hockey stick around at some people though:laugh:

Back