• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HEY YOU - Thinking about Carlisle Ford show ??

Buddy Palumbo

Hard-core CEG'er
Well GET ON WITH IT then !!!

Go to the sticky posted above , get the info you need & sign up TODAY ! It's only 2 weeks away , and we need the confirmed numbers to keep the tent going , and you need to represent your club by signing up & showing up with your Contour/Mystique . Don't let the CDW platform turn into another forgotten Tempo/Topaz car ...

I spoke to a Carlisle rep yesterday (wednesday) , and there were only 6 people officially registered so far :nonono: . Last year we were at least 12 deep by this time ...

...we need the confirmed numbers to keep the tent going, and you need to represent your club by signing up & showing up with your Contour/Mystique. Don't let the CDW platform turn into another forgotten Tempo/Topaz car ...

Well said Allen. :)

Not only is the tent crucial for protection from the elements but it also provides a general meeting spot/hangout to keep all the CEG'ers together during the show to talk with each other that they normally don't get to see, share food/knowledge with each other, and meet new people. Don't let the tent and the CEG representation at Carlisle die out.

I mentioned to LUCA the idea of going to Carlisle this year .. but sadly, I just plain can't do any more trips .. spending way too much money on weddings and events this summer as it is. :(

I mentioned to LUCA the idea of going to Carlisle this year .. but sadly, I just plain can't do any more trips .. spending way too much money on weddings and events this summer as it is. :(

does your sister know how to drive a manual? :laugh: i keed i keed

i really wanted to come but i dont think my svt is gonna be ready for carslile =(

2 tires have fix a flat, all tires are almost balled so i think im just gonna get new rims with new tires, i need to fix 2 cracks in the front bumper, i need to paint the hood, trunk, front and back bumpers i need to put in the new HIDs, the radiator is leaking anti-freeze from when i hit a fox, i need to find a new door cause i have a deep dent in my back passenger door from a hit and run, among other things.....

wow this came up fast. i have to work those days and so does my girlfiriend but were going to try to get some days switched around to atleast make it there for friday and saturday. if we can ill sign up right away.

A lot of people are probably being careful with their money this year since some might not know how much longer they'll have a job. I'm sure that's a factor.

A lot of people are probably being careful with their money this year since some might not know how much longer they'll have a job. I'm sure that's a factor.

while that might be a factor it shouldn't stop people from doing something they enjoyable with their free time, or spending it hanging out with friends.

If I weren't across the country I'd be there for sure. Always a good time at Carlisle, even in the heat and such. But how often do you try to put a blow up doll in a bikini contest?

I don't know who you are talking about because it sure isn't me. I don't even vote so what happens happens voting wise with the car show.

It wasn't directed towards you, your post just gave me the opportunity to bring that to light though.

Just remember that it is a car show and awards are inevitably a part of that. Now, obviously this is not everyone's main motivation but you can't fault people for trying to win at a car show.

Everyone needs to do what makes them happy and that is going to be different for different people. :)

Back