• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wastegate spring

ryanblacksvt

I'm the Dork who ran 14.9 on PassTime. :)
Ok I need a 8 pounds spring, and I am on the site about to order, would it be listed as the 0.8 bar-11.60 psi???

I have 7.4 psi
9.7 psi
and 8 psi spring

.5bar is 7.5psi
.6bar is 9 psi
we sell them for $40 shipped

Ok well I am running a 5pound spring now and on the dyno the exhaust pressure opened it up and I couldnt sustain 14psi boost. I am told I need a 8 pound spring. Pm me your number and I will give you a call with my credit card Joey.

.8 BAR will mean your running 11.6PSI minimum.

you will want either the .5 BAR or .6 BAR. the .5 BAR will mean your running 7.25PSI while the .6 BAR will run at 8.7PSI.

for future reference, 1 BAR is equal to 1 atmospheric pressure, or ~14.5 PSI

Why don't you just get a decent boost controller?

I will be, I have Disney and the beach for a few weeks next month then after I will be ordering the ams1000 and be set, till then I will use the one thats on the car now.

Well, I think the AMS is total overkill for you.... but a lower psi wastegate spring won't hurt you once you're controlling the wastegate better unless you're going much higher than the wastegate spring pressure.

Turbosmart Eboost2 would probably be something much more suitable and still very powerful.

Well, I think the AMS is total overkill for you.... but a lower psi wastegate spring won't hurt you once you're controlling the wastegate better unless you're going much higher than the wastegate spring pressure.

Turbosmart Eboost2 would probably be something much more suitable and still very powerful.

The wastegate spring thats in there now is a 5pound spring and it wont support 14psi boost, the 322hp 350tq dyno was at 7-8psi.

yes but what he is saying is a good ebc will make the 14 psi with the spring you have now. remember your other thread where you asked about the open port on the wastegate? well the ebc would be connected to that and it will use boost pressure to keep the wastegate closed to make the 14 pounds boost that you want to make on the 5 psi wastegate spring. but it also sounds like if you go to high you might still run into the wastegate cracking open.

Hmmmmm options options. Ok so what would you do if it was your car. Throw the spring in there and re-do the 2 boost settings, or get the ebc and route it that way????

Depends on what the lowest boost setting you want to run is...

I would generally get a spring 1-2 psi below what i'm planning on running. Granted 1-2psi isn't as much of a difference at the pressures i'm running.

I have a 13.5 psi or so spring i believe so i don't boost too much while partial throttle. No issues getting it over 24psi.

If you wanna actually run at 8psi most of the time i'd say the 5psi would be fine.

If you wanna run 12-14 or something most of the time... daily... a spring upgrade wouldn't hurt... but it probably wouldn't help much either.

Depends on what the lowest boost setting you want to run is...

I would generally get a spring 1-2 psi below what i'm planning on running. Granted 1-2psi isn't as much of a difference at the pressures i'm running.

I have a 13.5 psi or so spring i believe so i don't boost too much while partial throttle. No issues getting it over 24psi.

If you wanna actually run at 8psi most of the time i'd say the 5psi would be fine.

If you wanna run 12-14 or something most of the time... daily... a spring upgrade wouldn't hurt... but it probably wouldn't help much either.

Yes thats about right, low I want o n no higher than 8, but am thinking of 5psi for better track launching, then have the high between 12-14psi for once I hook or am rolling.

Then you're stuck with a 5 psi spring. Which probably won't give you 5 psi really... usually it's be 1-2psi off depending on the pressure drop through the intercooler and all.

Since you typically use the pressure right off the outlet for faster response.

Then you're stuck with a 5 psi spring. Which probably won't give you 5 psi really... usually it's be 1-2psi off depending on the pressure drop through the intercooler and all.

Since you typically use the pressure right off the outlet for faster response.

And I can still get 14psi for my high boost setting?

Back