• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Bye bye R....

TGO

King of the OFT
Well, not looking to hang on to another car for way too long, i told myself when i got her i'd keep it for 2 years and move on. Well, this past month the two year mark came and went...and sadly, so did the R.

DSCF2217.jpg

DSCF2213.jpg

P250409_175602.jpg

P250409_175702.jpg

P250409_1756.jpg

nothing yet. looking at a 2005 GTO...right price, right color (midnight blue metallic), just need to plan a road trip lol

the R isn't too far from home though. the guy that bought her lives literally around the block :laugh:

i had a guy in florida that wanted to straight up trade me for an 04 GTO with 7-8k miles, but he sold it out from under me last week. after having me pay a CEG'er to go look at the car, as well as going crazy trying to plan out the logistics of the trade.

didn't even call me to let me know...

i already have. dunno if i should post pics...someone here might steal her from me lol! it is closer. if only SZ were a week or two later i might have made a guest appearance!

thanks man, and hopefully you won't take any offense to me saying that you should enjoy it for a while and then unload it before the warranty expires...trust me lol

part of the reason i got what i asked for was there is still 2 years left on the warranty, and an extra set of rims. value on these is dropping very fast....just a little advice :)

No offense taken, I knew what I was getting into when I decided to go for the R. I bought this one right and my CPO should cover the life of the loan. Southern car with no rust what so ever and a clear dealer service track record. Luckily ithe R is just a toy. It hides in the garage and comes out in nice weather only. It will only see about 4,000mi-6,000mi a year.

I hoping that when the time comes to get a new toy, the mileage will be low enough and the condition will be good enough to have some value to the right person...then again, as prior contour owners, we know what thats all about.

Post some pics of the goat, just strip the info.

It's too bad you had to sell it.
Such a nice ride.

What are you driving in the meantime?

I didn't have to sell it, i just decided i wouldn't hang on to another car for 5+ years like i did with the SVT. as much as i loved the car it was just too long. in another 2 years, when the warranty was expired on the R, it would be worth nothing. and i'm lucky i got what i did for it. VR's hold their value much better...but high mile SR's, especially 04's aren't worth jack. unless you've got the atacama interior (the orange), but even still it's only worth an extra grand or two.

not to mention the recent $2195 warranty claim on the AWD system recently...a problem that is very common and recurring for many people.

for now i have the work truck, which is an 07 nitro...and my dads 99 sable for personal stuff

Get that Termie you have been wanting :)

mmm....i'd love to, but the GTO is a more practical car. lol i know that sounds crazy, but, it gets good highway mileage and the interior is far ahead of the mustang. atleast those models. cheaper insurance too, if you believe that!

this is the car i'm looking at. i'm gonna sleep on it and decide whether or not to pull the trigger in the morning. i will most likely buy it. fyi, this will be the first car i'll have ever owned that was actually the color i really wanted!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Back