• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

MY 3L Swap (in progress)

yeah, keeping the SVT uim makes plenty of since if your planning on a NPG turbo kit.

another option would be the NPG LIM, then you could swap back to oval port and not ruin your heads.

He is not just your friend just because you two sleep but-to-face together :D......

yeah, keeping the SVT uim makes plenty of since if your planning on a NPG turbo kit.

another option would be the NPG LIM, then you could swap back to oval port and not ruin your heads.

keeping any stock UIM doesnt make any sense when running boost. breadbox intake already people!

keeping any stock UIM doesnt make any sense when running boost. breadbox intake already people!

mean something a little like this:

fordcontourawesomtwintupb4.jpg

I spent a little time tinkering with the idea of a dual quad carb'd split port twin turbo where the secondaries on the carbs would go to the short runner lengths.

I wanted to fit it in a Valkyrie (sort of GT40) kit so I could confuse girls at the mall into believing I actually had money....

:laugh:

Update...

Update...

Well, Ordered the Torsen with seals and bearings. Good price too, thanks to Steve!

Josh started porting the new motor while I started tearing into the 2.5.

Before porting:
0607091353.jpg

As I started on the old motor I found this, not good!

0607091543.jpg
Ewwww.

Hey, let's say I was going to pay someone to finish my swap (basically just do the entire thing) what could I expect to be charged? I already did some work to it, but just wondering what I could would plan on paying.

oh dear....

if I was close, I'd finish it with you for lots of beer...

I've put two in now, it's getting to where it feels like taking a piss to get these things in and out.

I have heard of anywhere from $500 to $2500....... It really is an open book and comes down to how fast you want it done. SOOOO, really I couldn't say for sure.

Hey, let's say I was going to pay someone to finish my swap (basically just do the entire thing) what could I expect to be charged? I already did some work to it, but just wondering what I could would plan on paying.
hell I'd help for beer and food myself if I was close enough. some stuff shouldnt be all about making money unless you took it to an actual mechanic etc..... and were doing no work at all yourself.

Nice name change, it came at the perfec time for ya, huh? Wish you were closer:laugh:

perfect would have been back on the 02 motor. I"m glad that POS is sitting in the driveway now, what a waste of time.

lesson learned?:

- never buy an as is engine... EVER

- never ask Dom how to do anything short of change your oil, hell, not even that...

Back