• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

and.... thank you all

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had gone out there, I would have been more than happy to bring it back for you. Sorry to see things didn't work out.

From what I know though, everyone that did make it out there had their cars packed pretty tight.

not a single person responded to my pm's or im's.

I got your PM this mornng & responded :shrug: , then just responded when I arrrived home tonight (last minute - a day early)

You KNOW I would have brought the hood home for ya if I had the room - I'll post pics of how full my car was once I get 'em uploaded . It wasn't happenin'

I know the 3 cars going that I was trying to bum a ride off of were packed, hence why I didn't get to go.

Christine, Brian, and Allen.

not a single person responded to my pm's or im's.

No offence but how do you expect an answer to a pm the morning people are heading home from SZ? I didn't get the pm till tonight after I left and was half way to buffalo.

We are not going through PA and I have no spare space anyway.

Last edited:
I responded to you. I told you to PM Kim and ask her.
I was quite busy during SZ and didn't have time to hunt people down and try to make arrangements when I was helping with the raffle, Show and Shine and getting yelled at by the AARP convention for being rowdy.

On a side note, Grant didn't even have the hood at SZ. He told me that he had to see if a buddy of his could bring it over in his truck. It wasn't packaged up either.

I didn't get your pm in time, and even if I did, you sent it so late, there is no way in hell I would have been able to do anything for you. And it's a good thing we didn't attempt to jump last minute for you because we encountered numerous setbacks of our own over the past few days.

Did you even make shipping arrangements with anyone BEFORE you paid for that hood? It doesn't appear as though you did at all.

I'm pretty floored that you're giving anyone attitude for not going out of their way to do you such an enormous favor - especially myself since you're a complete stranger to me.

sorry but that is the most bull :censored::censored::censored::censored: post I have read in awhile. not one person in this thread said that they wouldn't help you get the hood. I am going to guess since you have never been to SZ you just don't understand how it works. But after being up to 2, 3 even 4 am or later saturday night, needing to get up and pack and head home sunday doesn't leave much time to plan out getting a hood for someone. Let alone do many of us read CEG as much as normal.

honestly if you had sent us a pm on Thursday, because we found out from Paul he wasn't able to go Wednesday it would have been worked out. What did you do for 4 days?

Stazis signature from a few years ago is perfect in this situation:

"poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."

Last edited:
While all points are valid , we should not jump on Doug too bad , as he's in an exciteable state right now & needs a bit of time to relax . I guess I'd be a bit pissed if Grant sold the hood to someone else after I'd paid in full in advance . It just isn't right . However , I fully agree that it isn't right to get pi$sed at the community for not bringing it back to PA on short notice .
Doug - Arrangements couldn't be made with Grant to hold onto it for you , once you found out that Paul couldn't make it to SZ ?? Is Grant gonna at least give you your hood money back ??

All I know is , there's no way in hell I'd have headed out to Michigan without 100% arrangements with Grant (and a phone # , in case of emergencies) that he was gonna be there to give it to you (let alone that the hood would still be available , as it SHOULD have been) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back