• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

new mesh

i like it man. either needs paint on the ring or non painted lights for the front but it looks good.

i like it man. either needs paint on the ring or non painted lights for the front but it looks good.

I agree with you, I need to paint the chrome ring.

That and the reflector bar are fugly. Just bad taste IMO

I think its difference in taste not bad taste.

THIS is bad taste :D

ghetto5.jpg

but thats just my opinion.

and yes it is supposedly the Stazi Gen 1.5 mesh according to my sources, although it was purchased in huge sheet from a metal manufacturing company, it was never bought through a stazi mesh group buy or anything.

Agree completely.. Only I vote for painting the ring and getting rid of the ugly lights, they look really bad in my eyes, but you like them so that's more than I can stand for :) The mesh is a step up though that's for sure

Can't see pics at school, but I saw the lights in a thread about a week ago, and they looked great:shrug: As far as thye reflector goes, I've always hated painted reflectors, but T-reds seen to pull it off nicely...

Newb here, what is this stage 1, 1.5, 2.2, etc w/ the mesh? and how are you installing it and getting it to stay in place as well as the factory counterpart? Sorry for the newb questions, but you gaotta learn somehow. I know that SEARCH button won't tell me exactly what stage 1 or 1.5 stazi mesh is.

Newb here, what is this stage 1, 1.5, 2.2, etc w/ the mesh? and how are you installing it and getting it to stay in place as well as the factory counterpart? Sorry for the newb questions, but you gaotta learn somehow. I know that SEARCH button won't tell me exactly what stage 1 or 1.5 stazi mesh is.

they are just different generations of the diamond style mesh that Stazi, a member here, offered through the years.

1st gen was smaller diamonds that slightly overlapped the row of diamonds below it.

1.5 gen was similar small diamonds, but completely flat.

2.0 gen is the larger diamond grills you've probably seen.

Stazi is a member on the site. Years ago, he started selling mesh kits. He used to sell one particular one, and then he started trying different mesh - it was essentially the same pattern, but the hole sizes were bigger.
He did three different sizes, so he had to start naming them differently so people could distinguish when they ordered.
I believe he went from the small size, to a very large size, and then when he started using an in-between size, he called that v 1.5.
Don't quote me on that last part. My memory is fading in my old age. :laugh:

edit: friggin dimmes beat me to it. :p

Thanks for the info guys! How do you mount it if it is just metal ,mesh cutout, how do you het it to stay in place? Are people using zipties or what? My "plastic factory Mesh" is gone in the back and busted up front so I need new mesh. Have been toying w/ the idea of making a mirko style carbon lip as well :idea: as I have made a front lip for my s14 240sx before and it turned out really well.

The grille ring is in two piece. The chrome front, and a plastic back. IIRC (seeing as I don't have a 98+...), they are held together with plastic bead welds. You break these welds, put the mesh between the two rings, and epoxy the two rings back together.

The grille ring is in two piece. The chrome front, and a plastic back. IIRC (seeing as I don't have a 98+...), they are held together with plastic bead welds. You break these welds, put the mesh between the two rings, and then put screws into the old epoxy holes which will hold the grills together.

You got everything..till the last part. But i helped finish it for you.

The grille ring is in two piece. The chrome front, and a plastic back. IIRC (seeing as I don't have a 98+...), they are held together with plastic bead welds. You DRILL OUT these welds, put the mesh between the two rings, and SCREW the two rings back together.

fixed for you

+1 to harry, screws make it way easier to take it apart in the future, there are actually bowing out tabs on the back of the the chrome ring which you can fasten screws into without going totally threw the chrome ring and wrecking it. I fastened mine together with some tapping screws, solid as a rock :cool:

I was close :D. I know some people do epoxy :shrug:. But you're totally right on the screws :cool:

Epoxy wouldn't be that bad of an idea...but the only downfall would be if the epoxy didn't hold the ring together tight enough. Your car would be stuck with a gap between the grill and the hood. To be honest... stazi taught me to use screws. So thats what i did. :shrug:
I obviously knew i should be listening to his greek dumbass.... well only because he was doing these for his GB. :crazy:

Back