• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just Finished Powder Coated 18s

attachment.php

Look pretty good. Get a photobucket account and upload the pics there. They will be bigger and easier to post here.

I do know that has been hashed out over and over and that the amount of time that the wheels are in the cure oven has very little effect on the aluminium.

Aging has more effect than curing, some types of aluminiums actually harden with the cure.

But thanks for the post.

400* at 15-20 minutes won't harm the aluminum. Too many people are worried about it and I havn't heard or seen destruction due to coating yet.....

I need to find a good PCer close to me. I want to PC my stockies on the Si but really don't want to ship them anywhere.

400* at 15-20 minutes won't harm the aluminum. Too many people are worried about it and I havn't heard or seen destruction due to coating yet.....

Joe,

The cure on this color is 400 @ 10 minutes PMT. At 400 degrees Alcoa charts that this type of alloy can bake for 30 minutes, so your are correct in saying it won't harm the aluminium.

Wheels look nice!

I need to start taking advantage of powder coating so close.

Will 19" Axis NE-O's fit in your oven? :laugh:

(waiting for the AXIS Nazi's to come in :laugh:)

Back